News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

8: Undefined index: totalMembers

Started by peta-sucks.com, November 16, 2005, 12:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peta-sucks.com

I couldnt get the 1.0.5 to work right, so I tried upgrading to 1.1

here is my error
Quote8: Undefined index: totalMembers
File: /home/incubus2/public_html/boards/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3044

Oldiesmann

Make sure all the files are updated and that the theme you're using is compatible with 1.1...

In 1.0.5, $modSettings['totalMembers'] was used to display the total number of members. In 1.1, this has been replaced with $context['common_stats']['total_members'].
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peta-sucks.com

QuoteDatabase Error: Table 'incubus2_smf1.smf_ban_groups' doesn't exist
File: /home/incubus2/public_html/boards/Sources/Security.php
Line: 293

Oldiesmann

Make sure you uploaded all the files. That appears to be leftover from a mod.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peta-sucks.com

ive uploaded everything with filezilla

i also have an old backup, should i just use that?  if so, how do i install it?

Oldiesmann

I was thinking that the ban_groups table was part of a mod, but it's a standard SMF feature. Try running upgrade.php again.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peta-sucks.com

i tried that
QuoteWarning: main(/home/incubus2/public_html/boards/Sources/Security.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/incubus2/public_html/boards/index.php on line 51

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/incubus2/public_html/boards/Sources/Security.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/incubus2/public_html/boards/index.php on line 51

Oldiesmann

Now it's saying it can't find Sources/Security.php. Are you sure you uploaded the latest version of it?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peta-sucks.com

Should I just delete this db and install my backup?  If so, how do I install the backup?

Ok I just tried installing the 1.0.5 update and I get this when trying to access the boards
QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function: shorten_subject() in /home/incubus2/public_html/boards/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 218

Oldiesmann

Make sure all your files are from the 1.1RC1 package. Overwrite all your Sources files with the ones from RC1 and you shouldn't have too many problems (other than the theme issue)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peta-sucks.com

Now it's hanging up on the upgrade.php file
"Converting members and personal messages... Successful.
Converting the calendar, notifications, and miscellaneous... Successful.
Converting polls and choices... Incomplete.
Not quite done yet!
This upgrade has been paused to avoid overloading your server. Don't worry, nothing's wrong - simply click the continue button below to keep going. "

I hit continue but nothing

Oldiesmann

Try refreshing the page and see if that fixes it.

If not, try adding this to upgrade.php:

ini_set('max_execuction_time', '60');
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peta-sucks.com

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

peta-sucks.com

Now I get this...
QuoteUpgrading...
Converting attachments, topics, and messages... Successful.
Converting members and personal messages... Successful.
Converting the calendar, notifications, and miscellaneous... Successful.
Converting polls and choices... Successful.
Converting settings... Successful.
Updating and creating indexes... Incomplete.

Oldiesmann

I'm not sure why it's timing out like that. SMF has checks in place to prevent these things from happening (that's why it stops periodically and continues).

If you created a backup the first time you did the upgrade, just re-upload all the 1.0.5 files and add backup_ to the database prefix in Settings.php. Otherwise delete all your SMF tables and upload the SQL file through phpMyAdmin (assuming you saved the table structure - if not you'll have to backup Settings.php and re-install 1.0.5, then replace the new Settings.php with your old one, empty out all the tables and upload the SQL file through phpMyAdmin again).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

peta-sucks.com

I deleted the old database under my cpanel.  I opened phpmyadmin but I can't figure it out.

Advertisement: