myBB to SMF help

Started by spicyjoe, November 16, 2005, 05:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spicyjoe

hey, i wanna convert to SMF from myBB.... i used the convertor but after converting... it gives me this:

QuoteConverting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting censored words... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting topic view logs... Successful.
Converting attachments... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT pid AS ID_MSG, filedata, downloads, filename, filesize
    FROM `spicyjoe_test`.mybb_attachments
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'filedata' in 'field list'

i guess its the attachmech error that bugged everything up... after i converted... my user name case has been changed (spicyjoe > SpIcYjOe *coz i placed defferent case to check*).... but i ccan't login and my category and forum wasn't there..... i ask compuart to help but he never replied me... :( any help please? i really awnna convert...

Oldiesmann

Run this query in phpMyAdmin and post the results here:

SHOW CREATE TABLE mybb_attachments

This will show the table structure for that table, which will allow us to change the sql file as needed.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

ok, but what i need to change?

Oldiesmann

I need you to post the results of that query here so I can figure out what needs to be changed.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

ok, here are they:

CREATE TABLE `mybb_attachments` (
`aid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`pid` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`posthash` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
`uid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`filename` varchar(120) NOT NULL default '',
`filetype` varchar(120) NOT NULL default '',
`filesize` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`attachname` varchar(120) NOT NULL default '',
`downloads` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`visible` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`thumbnail` varchar(120) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY  (`aid`)
) TYPE=MyISAM

Oldiesmann

Ok. Give me a few minutes to look at this. SMF is trying to get the attachment file data from the database, but it doesn't appear that MyBB stores this information in the database, so we'll have to copy the file over from your MyBB attachments directory.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

it said converting complete... view your new forum here... but the forum is still the same... the title is still My Community... i cannot log into my account and the forum and category didn't got transfered...

EDIT: maybe i did something wrong... here is the whole process:

1. i installed smf (www.realchatters.be/forumss) and myBB (www.realchatters.be/Upload) and simply make a forum and thread thats defferent from each board and on a test database
2. i uplaoded convert.php and smf_to_mybb.sql into smf directory and ran convert.php
3. i entered /home/spicyjoe/public_html/forumss for smf path and /home/spicyjoe/public_html/Upload for mybb path and my MySQL pass (shhhh, cannot tell my pass  ;))
4. it said converting complete but nothing was transfed but only my user name case ( i registered spicyjoe in smf and SpIcYjoe at mybb) and now my smf has SpIcYjoe but i cannnot login....

Oldiesmann

Try emptying out all the SMF tables first and then running the converter again. The converter is supposed to empty out all the tables before it copies data, but apparently it didn't for some reason.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

ok, i cleared the tables and when i go to my smf forum.... it still says My Community (which is not my title is mybb), my forum doesn't have a theme (i mean like just a piece of white paper) and i get this when i login:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you are out of login chances. Please come back and try again later.

spicyjoe

anyone can help me? plaese i really need help... i can;t stand myBB another day...

Oldiesmann

Try re-uploading all your SMF files.

I'm not sure why the converter isn't working for you... It should work fine now that I've fixed that one error...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

yeah, i tried that also... didn't work... hey, if you are not busy... can you help me to do it? i can give you my pass and user to my cPanel...

Oldiesmann

I can't access cPanel right now (I'm at school), but if you can give me FTP info I can try to help that way.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

oh sure... check your pm.... :D

Oldiesmann

I need your FTP server as well...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

Oldiesmann

I tried it once with that empty MyBB install in the Uploads folder and it worked fine. When I registered an account at the SMF board that the MyBB was converted to, I couldn't login at first, but deleting my cookies fixed that. I then went and registered on the MyBB board and made a post with a poll and an attachment, but now your site won't load so I can't test the converter again. Not sure what's going on...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

spicyjoe

ok, i think i am darn confused... maybe you can take me step by step.... ok, i install 2 forum, then upload convert.php and mybb_to_smf.sql into smf directory and then run convert.php. after i have converted, i need to clear my realchatters.be cookies and it will work?

spicyjoe

ok, i tried like what u said... it still didn't work.... and i'll send you my pass and user again.... its working fine for me....

Advertisement: