Update SMF and Mambo integration

Started by schneiderj, November 16, 2005, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneiderj

I have Mambo working with SMF 1.03. I update this version directly into SMF without mambo and everything were done correctly.
But When I go to my site (mambo one), I have the bad surprise that the version is till 1.03.

What I have to do to correct this ?

Thank you for your replies,
Jean-Marie

Oldiesmann

Are  you sure that 1.03 is the SMF version and not the bridge version?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Kindred

What version of the bridge are you running?

What version of SMF did you update to?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

schneiderj

Thank you for your reply.
When I go to the admin panel of SMF I have tis message regarding the version of SMF
QuoteSupport Information
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.0.3 for Mambo
Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.5
(more detailed)
Forum Administrators: schneiderj
When I run SMF alone I have :
QuoteVersion Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.0.5
Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.5
(more detailed)
And the integration in mambo is :
QuotePackage Manager - Browse Packages
Modification Packages
      Mod Name    Version     
1.    SMF-Mambo Integration    1.2.0

Kindred

but you did not answer my question...,  what version of the bridge did you install?

Where did you get the bridge pakage from?   What was it called? (not just the SMF mod, but the whole thing!)

it sounds like you either have a) an ancient version of the bridge from Orstio or b) an old version of the mambohacks bridge...   what the recommendation is depends on which it is...

(what does your forum copyright read?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

schneiderj

Sorry for this answer and thank you for your help : I go to the admin panel to have the ref of the bridge. In the SMF Mambo componant admin page I have the message that SMF is not synchroised with Mambo. I do the update and now every thing is working well. The version are
QuoteVersion Info:      SMF version is '1.0.5'
SMF and Mambo-SMF is in sync.

Your Mambo-SMF Integration version is 1.2.0.
Latest Mambo-SMF Integration Version is 1.0.1
But why the latest version of SMF is 1.0.1 and my is 1.2.0 .

Thank you again for  your help !
Jean-Marie

Kindred

Jean-Marie...

no...   the version of the bridge that we need is *NOT* the one listed in the SMF admin panel..   it's the name of the archive that contained the bridge in the first place...

but in reality, it is sounding like you are using the mambohacks bridge... which is not supported here (for a couple of reasons, not the leats of, because it violated the SMF lisence agreement by changing the SMF copyright).

You should completely uninstall this version of the bridge (which may require you to re-upload some of the SMF and mambo source files). and install version 3.19a_stable (by Orstio). Please see the combined readme post inb the mambo/joomla discussion board here on smf.org.
Слaва
Украинi

schneiderj

OK, I see...

I will do that next week !

had a good week end,
Jean-Marie

Advertisement: