Login Mambo SMF Help

Started by ukurban, November 18, 2005, 06:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukurban

OK I'm hoping that you guys can help me out on this one.  I've successfully installed the mambo and SMF bridge.  When a user registers, the same data is copied into the both the mambo and smf databases so no problems there.    Now when a user logs into the forum, it also automatically logs them into mambo.  However, I'm wanting to be able to do the opposite too!  I want a user to be automatically logged into the forum when they choose to log innto mambo first.  This isn't working and I suspect that it has something to do with the login module.

I've looked at the mod_smf_login.php and I'm wondering whether I have to make any alterations to this?  is this what I need to modify in order to make it work?  any  advice on what I need to do?  Do I need to change the mambo_login action to anything from the code below taken from mod_smf_login.php  ??????

Quote<form action="', $scripturl, 'action=mambo_login" method="post" style="margin: 3px 1ex 1px 0; text-align:'.$smf_align.';">

Orstio

You should not need to make any alterations to mod_smf_login.php.  Are you using Mambo or Joomla?  What version of the bridge?  What version of SMF?

ukurban

ok I've realised where my mistake was.  The  mod_smf_login wasn't published.  However, when I do publish it, my template screws up and I get a long list of errors like this

QuoteWarning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /web/sites/myusername/mydomain.com/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /web/sites/myusername/mydomain.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /web/sites/myusername/mydomain.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined index: time_format in /web/sites/myusername/mydomain.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 176

If I unpublish it, the site goes back to normal.  so its obvisouly something I'm not doing right with mod_smf_login

Kindred

1- you did not add the code to your mambo template's index.php, as required in the step 4 instructions.

2- If you have 2 databases, your db users don't have access to both dbs.

3- You did not save the module. Sometimes, mambo requires a module to be saved at leats once before it recognizes the functions in the module...

hint: all of these probabilities are covered in the FAQ that is stickied in the mambo/joomla specific discussion board here on SMF. You should have a) read that board and b) posted this question there in the first place.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: