all notifications have been disabled.

Started by Nitro, November 20, 2005, 11:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

i have upgraded to RC1 few months ago and i noticed the notifications are not working at all for members. what's worst, i moved boards around and that's when i noticed we all stopped getting notifications of new replies. when i send emails to members many don't get that email.

i am going another error no one has been able to help me, so i am considering going to 1.0.5 i heard that is a estable version, is this possible? 

anyway, i would like some help about this notification thing, if there is no fix for this, i would like to know how can i install 1.0.5 from RC1

MPF Rocks!!!

Oldiesmann

What error are you getting? Are there any errors in your forum error log related to the notifications problem?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Nitro

oh man, i appreciate it. the funny thing is when i go to the error page i see other errors that are not related to this problem. i found out this because for about 95% of my members have wonder why they are not getting the notifications to topics they posted, or from  other boards. i thought it was just me so didn't bother ask around. so i never really did anything about this. i thought it was related to the load.php error that mikemill is trying to check for me. i thought eveyrone had turned off this feature so i went to enable it just in case, yet still the same situation, no notifications.
what i noticed though, whenever i try to send emails to the members, i get always the 'lost connection to the database' error so now, i am thinking that has to do with this problem? that the script loses the database connection when it sends emails to the members and that happens the same when it tries to send replies to topics?

i am just wondering what is going on, maybe i should've posted here when this happened, but i thought everything was related to the load.php topic i have here.

what are your thoughts about it?
MPF Rocks!!!

Oldiesmann

If you're getting lots of "Lost connection" errors, try setting SMF to use a persistant connection (Admin -> Server Settings). You should also talk to your host about this.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Nitro

I thought about doing this before. I just thought of not doing it because, am I going to get in trouble for doing this? I don't want to get in trouble with my host for always be on, if you know what i mean. is it going to affect someting in either side? i mean, my side or my server side?

what are your comments about it?

thank you.
MPF Rocks!!!

Oldiesmann

I don't think it would cause any problems. You will still want to contact your host to find out why SMF is losing the connection in the middle of a query though.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Nitro

i will do that. thank you for taking the time in taking a look at this little error.
MPF Rocks!!!

Nitro

ok, i get no more errors. i fixed this connection problem and it's ok.
however, members are NOT getting notifications from replies. i have doubled checked this with the members and they are getting frstrated.

is there a query i can make to the MySQL to turn this back on, it'd be nice to have my notifications back on again.  :D

thank you!!!!!!
MPF Rocks!!!

Advertisement: