News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

problem importing vb 3.0.8 attachments w/ convert script

Started by tommyj27, November 20, 2005, 03:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyj27

i just moved my message board over from vbulletin 3.0.8 (using the convert script here) and i finally got the thread structures imported, but the import attachment feature doesn't seem to work. on vb i've got my attachments stored in mysql. it appears to be importing some of my attachments, anout 30M of 200M, but even the ones that are imported are not shown in the forum. does anyone have any ideas on what i'm doing wrong? or is this a known problem with the script?

tommyj27

partially solved. i had my attachments and avatars stored in the database rather than on the filesystem. i moved them onto the filesystem, re-ran the convert script and it said it had imported the attachments and avatars. but when check the attachments/ directory all of the file sizes are zero. uploading new avatars and attachments works just fine but the imported ones just show up as zero bytes. disk space isn't an issue, the test machine has plenty free.

for what it's worth, i'm moving from vbulletin 3.0.8 on a dual PII-400 running slackware 10.1, apache ver. 1.3.34, mysql ver. 4.0.23a, and php ver. 4.3.11. the test system is a microsoft xbox running fedora core 4, apache ver. 2.0.54, mysql ver. 4.1.14-log, php ver. 5.0.4. vbulletin runs on the test machine without any noticeable problems.

TIA for any bright ideas on how i how properly import all of the attachments/avs.

Advertisement: