Upgrade problems *Old language files*

Started by pepsifreak, November 20, 2005, 04:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepsifreak

Working on the upgrade to RC1  I have come across the familiar

" The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme."

I use CoreFTP
I am hosted on my own server
I used both the update and upgrade.zip trying to get through this.
I have searched all the other threads regarding this language issue and have done what each suggested in regards to copying over the Themes/default files.

I'm sure that every file is copied over and overwritten I did some of them twice and three times.  All the permissions seem to be set right, I either have something extra or are missing something but have no idea which.

Is there anything I am missing?  Can anyone help me?

ETA:  I don't use any language other than English

redone

If you are using just the English language files then really there is nothing to worry about.

These files are not used unless obviously you need them for your forum to function correctly.

In short, nothing to worry about.

;)

xenovanis

It really looks like something has gone wrong during upload. You might want to try another ftp-client.

@redone: you can't proceed with an upgrade if you get this message.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

redone

You are correct. I thought the install had been completed.

Do as suggested and re-upload the necessary files. If are having problems with your ftp program try this one:

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

pepsifreak

Quote from: redone on November 20, 2005, 05:25:25 PM
You are correct. I thought the install had been completed.

Do as suggested and re-upload the necessary files. If are having problems with your ftp program try this one:

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

Okay, I downloaded filezilla and reuploaded.  While I did find some files in /Themes that had an April date on them and wrote over them I am still having the same problem with the upgrader saying I have old language files.

Is there a chance someone can IM me via YIM (username is in my profile)  and I can give them temp access to the back end to see if I am missing or have added something on the server? 

redone

This is redone from the SMF support team. Do you have mod's installed and can you provide me with the information required to resolve this issue?

pepsifreak

Quote from: redone on November 21, 2005, 12:22:16 AM
This is redone from the SMF support team. Do you have mod's installed and can you provide me with the information required to resolve this issue?

Yes, I have a couple mods, the spoiler tag, faster parsecode, some security patches.

I just pm'd it to you.  Thank you SO much.

redone

Advertisement: