News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] TechnoFrost

Started by webm0nster, November 21, 2005, 12:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webm0nster

Theme: TechnoFrost
This is a theme that I built for a private install of SMF that I use to keep notes, stories, etc.. on. It is kinda tricked out a bit, lots of graphics and has a couple of nonstandard features. Well lets just show you...

Screenshots - (click to enlarge)

Redesigned the top greeting box for better looks and better area for the news. I generally have this closed when working. Now one of my tricky bits is the board name - this is a flash movie that reads in and animates on the board name (and shows the skin credits when you mouseover). In the index template there is code and instructions on how to disable the flash banner and have the normal text board name instead.

Here it is with everything closed.

The message index.

Message view. Now this is the second tweak (not a mod mind you) as my eyes get a bit blurry in the wee hours I wanted a way to quickly (and non permanently) change the font size of individual posts. This first shot is of the screen as it loaded.

This is after clicking the font sizer's 18 bubble...

Here is a shot of the search results page...

Live Demo

Downloads:
Get TechnoFrost Here (technofrost.zip) Just unzip into your theme directory.

Now I am language limited BUT I have prepared a download zip of all the files you need to internationalize with (even the source .FLA for the banner).
Get the TechnoFrost Base Files here (technofrost_base.zip)

Please note - As it is this theme will probably not validate XHTML. Although .. all tags are XHTML closed but will have issues with td bgs, styles below the head and HTML comments etc..
Long and short - if you want it to validate have at it I have spent waaaay too long on this already. Not that I am not going to be tweaking it from time to time but it will be at least until after Thanksgiving before I do..

I hope you enjoy it!
monster

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
 - Albert Einstien

forsakenlad

A really unique style you have there, good job ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

redone

Looks like a really good looking theme. Great work!

:D

webm0nster

Thanks! I wanted it well a bit elegant and easy to work with. I like how it came out. This is the first time I have packaged a whole theme - have done lots of site integrations for SMF but generally including elements out of a site's master template directory kinda thing. I learned a lot building this one for sure.

- Albert Einstien

xcooling

Maybe work on getting it XHTML complaint, and then releasing it.

Nice theme !

webm0nster

Look maybe I am just behind the times.. which is probable seeing how long I have been at this.. I have yet to have a job spec for XHTML compliance. Is this supposedly going to break something in the future? The only thing this has done is make it a pain in the butt to float elements dead center of a page without script for me.. but then again maybe they have fixed that by now. As I said if you like the theme and require compliance have at it - most of it can be done with regex search and replace in textpad as I am out of time for awhile.

- Albert Einstien

ExistenZ

I like the theme. I won't use it, but it is still a nice look. I never know those colours could work.....lol....but when it comes to colour palletes I AM colourblind. 8)
anyway, great theme.
Regards,
Andre

Elmacik

Yes really unique and nice :)
I have a suggestion to you; in my opinion, it would be better to show the keystats and search boxes in the same col but different row.
Like,
Keystats:                                           /                                Search:
.......................                                /                                 ...........................
Home of Elmacik

webm0nster

That is an excellent suggestion. Thank you. I have applied that change and updated the zip. Here is what it looks like.

Thank you!

- Albert Einstien

Elmacik

Very better now, thanks for the unique theme :)
What about a better suggestion? :P
Home of Elmacik

webm0nster

Hmm not sure I like that as much but I see where your going. Probably would be better for folks still on smaller monitors. I was actually thinking of coding in a second upshrink arrow to just hide the keystats/search row but that arrangement would be an easier fix. I may do this but will have to see what effect the Advanced Search link has on things when it wraps, which it will on smaller rez displays. Not this eve .. I mean morning though..

Thanks again!
monster

- Albert Einstien

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

webm0nster

Thank you! I set up a test board for a demo so you can get a better idea too.
Go To Live Demo

- Albert Einstien

1MileCrash

hey, cool theme.

but i get a really bad alignment error in firefox. it's basically the whole forum.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Jazhawk

It's nice.  What version of SMF is it devoped for?

-Jazhawk

webm0nster

It was built on 1.0 RC2. This theme started development quite awhile back :). I am going to do a version for the latest release too with the XHTML issues cleaned up. Although, I will say, it does work on 1.05 which is the version the demo board is running.

- Albert Einstien

webm0nster

Tippman-It looks like it must be a difference in the board version. On 1.02 in firefox it works on 1.05 in firefox just the homepage does this for me (other pages display correctly). I will see what gives.

Thank you!

- Albert Einstien

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Jazhawk

Oh.  No wonder it won't load load up on rc1.  Ok, When are you going to release it for RC1.1?

-Jazhawk

Jazhawk

Seems that on my 1.05 it won't load either and it also seems like themes bundled using "zip" doesn't load up properly on either version of SMF.

-Jazhawk

Advertisement: