News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

rc1 mysql5 problem

Started by zxragtop, November 21, 2005, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zxragtop

was on a beta (1 0 3 ?).  was on an earlier mysql 5 and everything worked.  Upgraded to to rc1 and the production mysql 5 and ran the forum mysql upgrade.  Pretty much everything works in the basic forum, but I tried to add a board and got:

Field 'description' doesn't have a default value
File: I:\SMForum\Sources\Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1098

I did fill in the description field.  The board was below category.  I tried to add as a child board with the same results.  Finally added a category ok and tried a board to the new category with the same results.

I've now gone into mysql and changed the description column to nullable (I had noticed that other boards had no description in them).  I redid the board and it took.  The description I had entered was put into the database.

Oldiesmann

For some odd reason, there wasn't a default value for that column in the database (which should never happen - MySQL won't let you specify NOT NULL if you don't give it a default value). Running this query in phpMyAdmin will change the board column back to NOT NULL with a default value:

ALTER TABLE smf_boards CHANGE description description text NOT NULL default '';
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

zxragtop

I manually tried to give it a default value, but this is a text field and it said I can not do that for a text field

Advertisement: