News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Trying to modify the calendar

Started by deathwantsme, November 28, 2005, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathwantsme

I like the calendar, but I need a lot of work done to it to make it fit my forum. My forum is for my school, and because of that, there is a lot of information that the calendar could be modified to fit my needs. I need more then just the holiday, birthday, event things. Preferably, i need the events portion split up into SEVERAL different types of events.

Is there a way to add a lot of differnt things that are not linked to a post and some that are? Each differnt type of event would need to be in a diferent color, and i want a drop down box or check boxes or some other way of selecting only certain events to see, the page refreshing, and only those events being shown.

Is anything that i asked about above going to be on the SMF 1.1 RC2 or SMF 1.2 going to be included? If so, it wont be needed to modify, i can just upgrade.

jlarson

Hmm, it's too bad nobody has replied to this already. 

Looking at the calendar table alone, it is apparent that the kind of functionality you're looking for isn't built in.  The table has no field for event type, and there's nothing I can see that begins to resemble your second request.  I take it you're looking for a way to show just certain event types, correct?

Sounds like a pretty easy mod.  I need something similar, will look into it.

Advertisement: