News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Best CMS combo for smf intergration

Started by tX, December 05, 2005, 12:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

which do you think is the best to mix with SMF

postnuke
0 (0%)
MKportal
6 (33.3%)
Mambo
1 (5.6%)
Xoops
0 (0%)
joomla
10 (55.6%)
php-nuke
0 (0%)
geeklog
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

tX

Orstio

I think it depends on what you are looking for in a CMS.  Do you want something more like a CMS (Content-oriented), or more of a portal (user/community-oriented)?  What kinds of features do you want?  Are you going to have many people, or many levels of people submitting content, or just one or a few people submitting content?

I suggest you try out a number of different CMS systems before you decide on anything.  Everyone's preferences are different, so relying on the results of a poll won't necessarily tell you what's right for your site.

tX

Well i want something that has a good artcle and review submission and pages to veiw them if possible. and a good download page.

Luke

I think my vote would have to go for Enigma 2.

Not that my vote might not be a little biased. ;)

Oh wait, it's not on the list...   

Of course, it's just finishing up the Alpha right now, but it's going
to make some heads turn. ;D

bambipower

i find mkportal one off the best

but everthing depends on what you want
hxxp:www.fietskarinfo.nl [nonactive]   hxxp:disneyland.linknet.be [nonactive] hxxp:www.elektrischefiets.com [nonactive]
hxxp:immo.linknet.be [nonactive]

cylonite

i personally like mambo / joomla. its very easy to add / manage modules and components. there are lots of free additions available. the support is good. software is easy to use and looks great. SMF is a great addition to joomla :D

but do test all available integrations before choosing :D

Wolfenrook

I'd go with MK Portal everytime!  Mambo/Joomla cages the forum too much (problems with themes etc) and is too much bother!  MK Portal can actually use your SMF theme, installs in minutes and is extremely easy to use, support is good too with plenty of modules and blocks available.
Thoughts are free, it's their consequences that often have a cost.

HoTmetal

Quote from: Orstio on December 05, 2005, 12:45:46 AM
I think it depends on what you are looking for in a CMS.  Do you want something more like a CMS (Content-oriented), or more of a portal (user/community-oriented)?  What kinds of features do you want?  Are you going to have many people, or many levels of people submitting content, or just one or a few people submitting content?

I suggest you try out a number of different CMS systems before you decide on anything.  Everyone's preferences are different, so relying on the results of a poll won't necessarily tell you what's right for your site.

Agreed. I've used MKportal, Tinyportal, and Joomla (a few others too). I like all of them, but for different reasons. MK ot TinyP are great portals. Joomla is a nice CMS. I've used the Nukes before (post, lite etc) and they are great, just a bit much for what I need. So like Orstio said. Evaluate your needs, (CMS, or a portal) and find the software that best suites it.

Advertisement: