News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Database error

Started by SeanD, December 06, 2005, 09:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanD

Hi, I have recently joined you all with SMF and installed  SMF package 1.05, everything works fine except the search.

When searching, the following error appears:

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I'm new to all of this php stuff, so please be as clear as possible.

Thanks!

redone

Is this a new and clean install of SMF1.05? You only normally see that error when you have attempted to upgrade from an older version of SMF and your database has not been upgraded to the current version.

This error can also occur with some mod's like the arcade mod too and is essentially an error of the mod you have installed.

Have you installed any mod's?

SeanD

Hi, thanks for your response.

Yes it was a clean install and I had tried to install some mods, but as they came up with failures, I didn't proceed.

Since my post, I have spoken to my webspace host and have been informed that because I had a free account, certain functions were restricted, but he has updated my account, removed some restrictions and everything now appears to be working fine.

I'm at a loss as to what has happened, but since my search works OK - I'm happy.

Thanks very much for your interest in my problem.

Best wishes,
Sean (ex kopite 1979-89)

Walk on!

1 LIVERPOOL 12
2 Chelsea     11

Yeah baby!

redone

Thanks for responding back that your problem had been resolved.

[offtopic]Good choice of football team too![/offtopic]

:)

Advertisement: