Doc site

Started by H, December 06, 2005, 11:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H

I stumbled across a certain offical SMF doc site today as I found an image that was linked to on that site.

Is the link meant to be public or is it part of the 1.1 release

/edit: it would also be nice if it shared the same userbase as the main SMF support forum as then the same cookies could be used!
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Thantos

The Doc site is in development currently.  I'm not sure exactly when the Doc Team is planning on making it public, but I'm sure they don't mind you looking around.

JayBachatero

If you are going to browse around please DO NOT post any links to it.  I'm sure the  doc team will not appreciate it if you do.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Trekkie101

Intruiging. But I'd assume itll come with the rest of the 1.1 overhaul.

H

Ok.

It looks alright so far except that the userbase isnt integrated and there don't seem to be any SMF screenshots that would help assist new users
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Thantos

The userbase doesn't need to be integrated as there is no need for the public to register there.  As said before its a work in progress.

JayBachatero

Like Mike said it's still a work in progress.  If im correct when everything is finished it should be linked all together.  I'm not 100% sure about this but I guest we all have to wait and see what happens and the decision the doc team takes on this. ;)
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Tim

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 07, 2005, 02:23:27 PM
Like Mike said it's still a work in progress.  If im correct when everything is finished it should be linked all together.  I'm not 100% sure about this but I guest we all have to wait and see what happens and the decision the doc team takes on this. ;)
Actually, what mike said was correct. There's no need for such integration

codenaught

Here are a couple of points about the documentation.

• It will probably not be intergrated with the userbase here simply as mentioned before, there is no real need.

• Screenshots may/may not be present with the inital release of the documentation. One problem is keeping the screenshots up to date when changes are made in SMF. Although judging by recent events, you may see screenshots with the documents. (Perhaps not fully done when they are made public though)

• The release of the documentation will probably come with the release of SMF 1.1 Final, and is currently planned to be.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Advertisement: