Started by Gwydion Frost, December 08, 2005, 02:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwydion Frost

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function click(){if (event.button==2)
{alert('Right Click Disabled')}}
document.onmousedown=click// --></script>

Ok, so that's the neat little script that does the trick.

Where do I insert it, to make the forums immune to copy and paste or image stealing?

Dannii

You can't make it immune to image stealing. If people can view it, it can be stolen. Be nice to the world and let people right click.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Thantos

It doesn't make your site immune to a dang thing.  You see all these images?  They are on your computer.  Your browser downloads them and then displays them.  I can still copy and paste by highlighting and hitting ctrl-c.

If you really want to annoy people you can do it by editting index.template.php and placing it after one of the other scripts.  Note that you still need to specify a type in the script tag.

Gwydion Frost

Alright, let's approach this from another direction...

Creating an invisible field over the post region and images...so that you download THEM when you try, versus the actual content.

My reasoning for this: I want my forum members to be able to display their creative works without having them easily stolen.

niko

You cant post if theres 'invisible field' over for images it would work if VERY noob tries
IT CAN ALWAYS COPIED IF IT IS ON THE INTERNET IF YOU DONT WANT THEM TO COPY REMOVE THEM
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Thantos

Quote from: GwydionFrost on December 08, 2005, 02:35:19 AM
Alright, let's approach this from another direction...

Creating an invisible field over the post region and images...so that you download THEM when you try, versus the actual content.

My reasoning for this: I want my forum members to be able to display their creative works without having them easily stolen.
You may be able to stop people from right clicking on an image and doing save as.  This will stop the truely unknowlegable surfer.  However to display ANY image on the internet requires that you send the data to the other computer which could then store it.  So then all you have to do is to go to that location and retrieve it.

JayBachatero

You can easily just drag the image to your desktop and there you have it.  Also if you drag the image to the navigation bar you can get the direct link to the image ;)
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Gwydion Frost

Why I prefer FLASH, but let's not go there...

Dannii

You can slice up images into 20 transparent PNGs that only resemble the original when displayed exactly correct, but in the end, someone can just take a screenshot. There's no way around it.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Gwydion Frost

Full screen'd, disable keyboard'd, flash player interface'd.

'nuff said.

Thantos

Ok lets go ahead and drop this.  No matter what you do there will be someone with the time, energy, and knowledge to get around that if they so wish.

The original question has been answered so lets move on.

myndcraft

Quote from: GwydionFrost on December 08, 2005, 09:06:06 PM
Full screen'd, disable keyboard'd, flash player interface'd.

'nuff said.

And I can still get around that. Atleast on OS X

JayBachatero

Like Mike said

Quote from: MikeMill on December 08, 2005, 10:00:03 PM
Ok lets go ahead and drop this.  No matter what you do there will be someone with the time, energy, and knowledge to get around that if they so wish.

The original question has been answered so lets move on.

Topic locked.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: