1.0.5 themes, not working well with 1.1 rc1

Started by Ed Bowers, December 09, 2005, 08:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Bowers

I'll apologize in advance for my ignorance, this question was answered to a certain degree, but I didn't understand it, so I'm asking again. 

I have the same problems as elecboy stated, and Compuart posted the fix, but I don't understand it, could someone please clarify this for me?

I recently upgraded to 1.1rc1 and I had a couple of themes that I created for 1.0,5, that I brought over to use. Thank you in advance. 

Quote from: Compuart on September 21, 2005, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: elecboy on September 21, 2005, 09:58:19 PM
I am having problems, every time I press the "Mark as Read" it says "Failed to validate the Session, Please try again"
Update the templates that have a 'mark as read' button. The URL needs to have ';sesc=' $context['session_id'] appended.

What does this mean, and exactly what files am I looking for, and what lines am I editing, and how am I editing them? 
Proud Paratrooper of the 82nd Abn Div.

US Paratroopers
History, Camaraderie, Service

JayBachatero

That's a fix from 1.1 Beta 3 Public to 1.1 RC1.

YOu will need to download the theme you are using over.  There are too many template changes from 1.0.5 to 1.1.  If you want you can download the default theme for both versions and compare and look for changes.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Ed Bowers

I'll do that then, thanks for the reply.  I was hoping there was an "EASY" button I could push to fix it.  :D

US Paratroopers

JayBachatero

You're welcome.  From 1.1 Beta 3 to 1.1 RC1 it's fairly easy to convert but from 1.0.5 to 1.1 is a mission and a half.  Too many template changes.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

Ed Bowers

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 09, 2005, 08:26:02 PM
You're welcome.  From 1.1 Beta 3 to 1.1 RC1 it's fairly easy to convert but from 1.0.5 to 1.1 is a mission and a half.  Too many template changes.

-JayBachatero

A mission and a half huh?  Well, I'm snowbound anyways with nothing better to do tonite.   :P

I'm thinking I should just start over with my themes.  The only editing I did to them before was the stylesheets, and adding some hyperlinks and a banner to them. 

US Paratroopers

JayBachatero

Oh so it won't be so hard.  Is it based from the default theme?
Follow me on Twitter

Ed Bowers

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 09, 2005, 08:31:54 PM
Oh so it won't be so hard.  Is it based from the default theme?

Yes it is, the default theme from 1.0.5

All I really did, was add my own buttons, and images, and change the stylesheet, plus like I said, added some links and a banner to the header. 

US Paratroopers

JayBachatero

Since they were mostly styles.css changes you can just compare that file with the one that comes in 1.1 the same goes for the other files that you edited.  Remember NEVER edit the default theme.  Make a copy of it and edit it.
Follow me on Twitter

Ed Bowers

Easy fix.  I downloaded a copy of the default theme, modified it's index template with some basic HTML, and replaced the stylesheet and image folders from my modified themes renamed it and uploaded it back to my site.  Worked perfectly.  Thanks

US Paratroopers

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: