Why do you not include the current DB with the new install package?

Started by Bronwyn Mawr, December 10, 2005, 04:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronwyn Mawr

Seems silly to me to have to update a brand new build...

Or is there something else here?

====SNIP!====

Database Error
Unknown column 'c.ID_CAT' in 'on clause'
File: /vservers/dunnnetw/htdocs/forums/TWI/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 82

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php. 
BM

Fizzy

Hi,

DB version 1.0.2 is totally obsolete and is not included in the downloads. Was that displayed during the install or afterwards?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Bronwyn Mawr

Another Odd thing...

On your regular install instructions.. all listed folders and files are to be set to 777, but the upgrade says to:

===SNIP!===
The files you need to change the permissions for are Settings.php and Setting_bak.php. The permissions for these two files should be set to 666.

The directories you need to change the permissions for are attachments, Packages and Themes. The permissions for these three directories should be set to 777.
===SNIP!===

What gives?
BM

Bronwyn Mawr

i got that error as soon as i clicked the link to the new forum after going through the install page(s)
BM

Bronwyn Mawr

BM

Fizzy

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Bronwyn Mawr

BM

Bronwyn Mawr

So, should I proceed with the upgrade of my brand new install? or gut it and start this all over?
BM

Bronwyn Mawr

BM

Thantos

QuoteDatabase Error
Unknown column 'c.ID_CAT' in 'on clause'
File: /vservers/dunnnetw/htdocs/forums/TWI/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 82

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
There have been no database structure changes from SMF 1.0.2 to SMF 1.0.5 and such the database itself doesn't need any updating.

There error you are recieving is due to a MySQL 5 compatibility issue.  To fix it: MySQL 5.0.12 Compatibility patch

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Bronwyn Mawr

Is it me or is there no actual link to that patch in those links you directed me to?
BM

Bronwyn Mawr

OK on the permissions . Just know that your instructions conflict with each other...   Install vs Update/Ugrade
BM

Bronwyn Mawr

jeebus   that post is 6 pages long.....   I still have not found a link to a zip version of that patch though...
BM

beemer

Its attached at the bottom of  the very first post in the link   ;)
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Advertisement: