News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem with mod_smf_RecentTopics

Started by wv1973, December 11, 2005, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wv1973

Well I've been looking over the forums but have not found the answer to my problem.  I just finalized my setup on mambo, I have a fresh install of smf 1.0.5 with Bridge MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable.  Everything works great after reading a few helpful posts on this site.

Now I tried to add a few additions and have noticed some strange behavior.  I wanted to add a module that shows the most recent topics and behold it was already included in the Bridge package mentioned earlier.  Well I load it up and all seems to display properly on my home page.  Well the problem occurs when you click on one of those recent topics, or even if you attempt to launch the forums.  Instead of the forums I get blank space in my main window where the forum normally loads.  If I unpublished that particular RecentTopics mod everything works fine again.

My SMF install is in a folder such as hxxp:www.mysite.com/forums [nonactive] Am I supposed to edit the file prior to using it?  A little help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Wade

Orstio

I believe the recent topics module supplied with the bridge is a direct SSI module, which, unfortunately, cannot be displayed on the same page as the bridged forum.

If you publish it on all pages except the forum page, it will work fine.

wv1973

Hmmm ok, I understand.

Let me ask you this then.  I used to use the CMS called PHPNUKE which had a similar module.  It would update as users added comments and topics to the forums.  This module would be on the home page and when they clicked on a particular post it would bring them to that thread in the forums.

It was very nice allowing people a quick glance on the home page to see if there was any activity on the forums.

Any suggestions as to a way to get this on my mambo + smf site.

BTW thanks for the speedy reply.

Wade

Orstio

The module works on every page except the forum page.

Just publish it on every page except the forum page, and it will do exactly what you want from it.

In order to adjust the publishing of a module, go to your Mambo admin panel, Modules menu.  Select the module from the list of modules (It may not be on the first page).

On the right side of the page, you should see a list selection labelled "Menu Item Link(s):"

Hold the Ctrl key, and choose everything except the Forum link.

Make sure to click Save.

Advertisement: