uploaded avatar collection...but collection can't be viewed.

Started by moonz, December 15, 2005, 04:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonz

hi,

I was trying to be a nice guy and share a a bit of my avatar collection with this forum.

I zipped a small collection up and uploaded it, and the process reported that all were accepted.

But now I see there is a (!!) in red next to my avatar post link, and when I click to see if the collection is actually there I get an error message telling me that I can't administer images in that gallery.

I don't know what that means. I'm not trying to administer anything...just see if the avatar gifs actually made it.

Anyone have a clue what I did wrong?

:'(

(*update*)

Ooops...I see what the problem is now. My mistake was trying to utilize this feature to begin with. A quick search of past posts on the subject shows that the avatar gallery uploading feature here, rated on a scale of 1 to 10 in order of importance, has a value of zero to the guys that run this place. People whos posts contain questions related to uploading avatar collections almost always get ignored.   

So, I have to wonder...why bother to offer a feature if you are not willing to support it?

That's pretty ridiculous, expecially from an organization developing forums software.

Heheh!...it reminds me of what they say about auto mechanics always having the worst-running cars, and house painter's whos houses always need painting the worst.

Do yourself a favor, gents...get rid of the feature if it irritates you so much.

That way you don't have to come off looking rude by not replying to posts about it.

;)

Advertisement: