Theme Installation

Started by dcteague, December 15, 2005, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcteague

I've done some searching and I really just need a basic set of instructions for installing new themes/templates.  I have downloaded one that I'd like to use but cannot get the option to appear in the admin panel.  Any help would be appreciated.

Zerox

Yes me too I need to know some basic installation guide to change the skin of this forum.
hxxp:rewardhits.com/index.php?hit=9628 [nonactive]

Prasad007

You can do it through FTP or by just browsing for the file through your skins manager.

dcteague

Quote from: Prasad007 on December 16, 2005, 08:23:25 AM
You can do it through FTP or by just browsing for the file through your skins manager.

I've loaded it into the themes folder and it still doesn't appear.  When you say "file" for browsing in the skins manager, which file are you talking about, there are many and I'm unsure which is supposed to be used.

Prasad007

Quote from: dcteague on December 16, 2005, 09:43:58 AM

I've loaded it into the themes folder and it still doesn't appear.  When you say "file" for browsing in the skins manager, which file are you talking about, there are many and I'm unsure which is supposed to be used.
use the browse option to upload only the single compressed file that you download from simple machines!

dcteague

Quote from: Prasad007 on December 16, 2005, 09:46:59 AM

use the browse option to upload only the single compressed file that you download from simple machines!

Ahhh, that's what I needed.  Will it automatically decompress and install once this is done?

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Prasad007

Quote from: dcteague on December 16, 2005, 10:44:45 AM
Quote from: Prasad007 on December 16, 2005, 09:46:59 AM

Ahhh, that's what I needed.  Will it automatically decompress and install once this is done?
yes all that SMF does automatically
thats nothing to worry about
just upload the compressed file
and the rest gets done on its own
then you just have to complete the installation

-=RelakS=-

I got this error message from the 1.0.5 smf, when I try to install a new theme:

8: Undefined index: error
File: /local/web/smf/Sources/Themes.php
Line: 731

I uploaded the theme files to a directory in the Themes, wrote the path to the "From a directory on the server:" row, and pressed the Install! Button.
With an oldel version, there is no problem.
How can I fix it?
Thx!

Advertisement: