News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Are these errors fixable?

Started by ezcry4t3d, December 16, 2005, 11:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezcry4t3d

I have my own local windows server running IIS and MySQL
I just upgraded/converted a very small (200 topics, 700 posts, 23 members) phpBB 2.0.17 forum to smf RC1
The converter script from here encountered an infinite loop during phase 10 and would not proceed.
The smf forum is operational, but I have discovered a few quirks and I have goten a few error messages in the error log.
All the member accounts, membergroups, categories, forums, topics, and posts are fine, even the attachments converted.
The "forum maintenance" options all complete successfully without errors.

Here are the errors from the error log, exactly how concerned should I be about these errors and can they be fixed?
QuoteDatabase Error: Table 'smffamily.smffam_ban_groups' doesn't exist
File: C:\Data\wwwroot\family\Sources\Security.php
Line: 293
Quote8: Undefined index: totalMembers
File: C:\Data\wwwroot\family\Sources\Subs.php
Line: 3044
Quote2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: C:\Data\wwwroot\family\Sources\ManagePermissions.php
Line: 831
Quote2: Wrong parameter count for in_array()
File: C:\Data\wwwroot\family\Sources\ManageMembers.php
Line: 878
I moved a few forums and when I tried to delete the empty categories I get this error:
QuoteDatabase Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3
File: C:\Data\wwwroot\family\Sources\Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1190

Thanks in advance for any help or constructive comments.
"Before you give someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

Fizzy

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

ezcry4t3d

Thanks for the response.
I just ran the repair_settings.php
The only value that deviated from the recommended was it said "Queryless URLs:" had no value.
(My cookie name is also different because I have other smf boards on this server, and yes, their SQL prefixes are different.)

I still have the two empty categories that will not delete.
QuoteDatabase Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3
File: C:\Data\wwwroot\family\Sources\Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1190

No other new errors have come up.
Any other ideas?
"Before you give someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ezcry4t3d

Thanks Oldiesmann!

I was thinking it was a conversion error, it never occured to me it'd be a bug in smf...   ::)

Advertisement: