News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

My honest opinion

Started by run3_kn1ght, December 17, 2005, 09:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

run3_kn1ght

SMF is a great board, but I just wish it was more "openly editable" in the Admin CP, like InvisionFree or Proboards. In SMF you have to upload a theme, where in invisionfree you get a box where you can just type in codes. I wanted to put a Christmas-y theme but I have no idea how to edit it. Other than that this is a great board.

-Run3_kn1ght

Dannii

You can edit them directly through SMF (In 1.1 at least), but I would much prefer to edit on my computer and then upload. It may seem complex, but this is the best way. Having the themes directly in php is much more efficient.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

1MileCrash

admincp -> current themes settings.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

run3_kn1ght

The thing is...I don't know PHP :P
Also is it possible for 2 people to edit the same forum with SMF? (Not in Admin CP)

Dannii

Yes, if both have ftp access.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

dtm.exe

Quote from: run3_kn1ght on December 17, 2005, 10:45:16 PM
The thing is...I don't know PHP :P
Also is it possible for 2 people to edit the same forum with SMF? (Not in Admin CP)

You don't have to know PHP to edit CSS.

Advertisement: