converter to go back?

Started by walace, December 19, 2005, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walace

is there a conversion from smf back to php? 

1MileCrash

what?

do you mean phpbb? i dont think there is. i couldnt find one on phpBBs download page. probabally is one though.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

walace

Quote from: Tippmaster on December 19, 2005, 05:39:12 PM
what?

do you mean phpbb? i dont think there is. i couldnt find one on phpBBs download page. probabally is one though.

either integramod or phpbb i have been looking round but cant find any thing!

Elmacik

You should ask there in their forums ;)
Home of Elmacik

1MileCrash

well...you need to ask there. this isnt the place to find converters away from smf.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

H

You should have backups from before you converted
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

walace

Quote from: huwnet on December 19, 2005, 05:56:43 PM
You should have backups from before you converted

i did my conversion nearly 8 months ago so what use would a back up of that be!

thanks for your help Elmacik and Tippmaster i will ask on those forums!

Oldiesmann

Why do you want to go back to phpBB after 8 months?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

walace

Quote from: Oldiesmann on December 20, 2005, 10:27:27 AM
Why do you want to go back to phpBB after 8 months?

cos i have changed what i had on the forum and smf is hard to change things around and there is less mods you can add and dont have mods i need on my forum that phpbb have! when i first changed i liked smf but the more i users that use the forum the more i need to get the mods i need! 

i have been told i can change back but lose attchments and members passwords!  seems im stuck with smf for now!

Thantos

Its kinda like "Hotel California".
"You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

Elmacik

walace,
And thats how phpBB improves.
Yet no converter available.. And which mods do you need but you dont have in SMF?

Actually there is something more interesting, the SMF 1.0.x to phpBB converter seems to be done by an ordinary member. (Do I get it wrong?) And it can not convert the half of the things.
Home of Elmacik

Oldiesmann

What mods do you need?

It's really not that difficult to change things around in SMF, and we'll be glad to help you if you get stuck. Just ask :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

walace

Quote from: Oldiesmann on December 22, 2005, 10:59:49 AM
What mods do you need?

It's really not that difficult to change things around in SMF, and we'll be glad to help you if you get stuck. Just ask :)

thanks for your help and i no smf is helpful in any way they can but the mods im after are to much to ask for as i doubt much people would need them!

like a limit to downloads for each user group ie 10 downloads a day, also a forum section that opens up when they pay via paypal rather than me having to check who has paid and who has not, im not sure if this is to do with my host or if its the same on every board but some members say that 2 members cant post in the same topic at same time, also some thing that track the most downloaded file and displays them as something like top 10 downloads... this is just some of the mods i would like but i no its to much to ask for!

Elmacik

No not that much..
A paid subscribtion mod is still being developped. And about downloads.. Why not asking in the download mod topic? Maybe someone can help it :)
Home of Elmacik

JayBachatero

The top ten downloads is not really that hard to do.  What do you want it to do?  I have this mod that im developing and I can try my best to switch itt around a bit to your needs.
http://kevmundial.com/board/index.php?action=media
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

walace

thanks for the info i will have a look at the downloads and if the paid submission board is getting done then great news  8)

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Oldiesmann

I'm not sure what could be causing the problem with two members not being able to post in a topic at the same time. What error messages are these users getting?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

walace

Quote from: Oldiesmann on December 22, 2005, 05:58:09 PM
I'm not sure what could be causing the problem with two members not being able to post in a topic at the same time. What error messages are these users getting?

they get a msg "while you were posting your msg a new post had been made" some thing like that?

Oldiesmann

Quote from: walace on December 22, 2005, 07:16:06 PM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on December 22, 2005, 05:58:09 PM

they get a msg "while you were posting your msg a new post had been made" some thing like that?

That's easy to fix.

1.0.5:
Admin -> Edit Features and Options
Uncheck "Warn members of new replies made while posting?"

1.1:
Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Reset Options
Click on "Reset default (guest) options for this theme" under "SMF Default Theme"
Check the box next to "Don't warn of new replies made while posting".
Save the settings and go back to the Reset Options area.
Click on "Reset all member's current options for this theme"
Select "Change" next to "Don't warn of new replies made while posting" and check the box next to that option.

That will disable the new replies warning altogether. In 1.1, individual users can disable it from the Look and Layout Settings area of their profile.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

walace

thanks for that i never new about it thanks! 8)

Dannii

I prefer to leave it in as it's a quite useful feature. It allows you to view the new post and the modify yours if something important was said. If not you just click submit once again.
If there are mods you need it's probably better to ask if anyone is working on them here. Some things are very simple to do.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

walace

Quote from: eldacar on December 23, 2005, 11:24:48 PM
I prefer to leave it in as it's a quite useful feature. It allows you to view the new post and the modify yours if something important was said. If not you just click submit once again.
If there are mods you need it's probably better to ask if anyone is working on them here. Some things are very simple to do.

yeah well i have asked for the mods and one of them is already being made!  8) i have put it on my forum but its not totally working et but it looks good!  8)

Advertisement: