News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Notification of Replies???

Started by CountryLady, December 19, 2005, 11:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountryLady

Is there a problem with the Notification System on the forum?

The last few posts I've made have not sent the Notification of Replies as requested.
It worked a few weeks ago, however.

I have no idea if this would be a bug or what.

Anyone have a clue?

Trekkie101

Profile -> Notifications and Email -> You might want to check some settings in here to see if anything looks wrong.

Also SMF wont send you notifications of posts you make.

CountryLady

Quote from: Trekkie101 on December 20, 2005, 04:59:56 AM
Profile -> Notifications and Email -> You might want to check some settings in here to see if anything looks wrong.

Everything looked fine there, and I have done a search on my email to see if it went awry with the spam filter, but hasn't. The system has responded to me back in November, so it has my email address correct. I changed it from 'Moderation & Replies' to just 'Replies', so perhaps that will indicate something to me.

Also SMF wont send you notifications of posts you make.

Yes, I understand that, thanks. :)

So back to the problem.... Could anyone verify that they ARE getting 'Reply Notifications' properly SINCE this has be upgraded?

Many Thanks. :D

Daniel Hofverberg

If you're referring to this forum, it does indeed seem to be something wrong with e-mail notifications. Notifications of new topics in subscribed boards are sent out correctly, but notifications of replies almost never seem to get to me.

As the new topics notification does work, I have a hard time believing that my e-mail server would be filtering the e-mails as spam; so personally I think there's something wrong here on the server side...

Harelin

I was going to mention this too... something does seem to be broken.  Haven't received a reply notification in quite a while.

Trekkie101

It seems to have been working fine for me  ::)

QuoteA reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by ExistenZ.

View the reply at: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=61029.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=notify;topic=61029.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The Simple Machines Community Forum Team.

CountryLady

;) Are you sure you're not stealing our reply notifications, Trekkie? 8)

Seriously, is it possible that you have notification turned on for that whole BOARD? or just for that thread?

I have taken to bookmarking my threads to return to them. This simple thing might make folks think less of SMF however, whereas many who love SMF will overlook it.

I think its a bug - OR - that notifications have been accidently turned OFF when they upgraded it to 1.1 RC2.

I REALLY wish someone would check it out.

:D puleeeeze.....

Advertisement: