News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't install!

Started by fredpb, December 20, 2005, 12:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredpb

I have followed directions and cannot get the install to run.  I get page not found or url not found errors.

i installed in hxxp:www.mysite.net/public_html/forum [nonactive]

I have tried hxxp:www.mysite.net/public_html/forum/install [nonactive] and install.php
also hxxp:www.mysite.net/forum/install [nonactive] and install.php

The stuff is uploaded and there, just cant access it!

Bigguy

try leaving teh "public_html" out of the url and see if that gets you anywere

fredpb

I finally discovered that Fantistico will install SMF, and it did!

LOL.

Now, I have a similar problem.  When I try to access forums on other machine it says url does not exist?

Bigguy

Is this a new account by any chance ??? If so you will have to give the "DNS" time to propagate through all the different isp's It might be a bit before it shows on all your buddies computers. Usually anywhere from 1 hour to 72 hours sometimes.

If you are talking about another computer in your own house that it wont show on then I suggest clearing out your temp files and cookies and trying again after a reboot.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: fredpb on December 20, 2005, 01:15:04 AM
I finally discovered that Fantistico will install SMF, and it did!

LOL.

Now, I have a similar problem.  When I try to access forums on other machine it says url does not exist?

Make sure you're accessing it where Fantastico installed it. You should have gotten an email from Fantastico with the appropriate info. If not, you should still be able to see where it's installed at through Fantastico (don't have cPanel access at the moment, so I don't remember exactly what you click to see this).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: