Existing board question

Started by RobinSlig, December 20, 2005, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinSlig

I have a couple of questions I would like answered before I change my board over to simple machines layout:
1. I have a phpbb2 layout. Will I be able to transfer my existing db to the new one? I do realize that if I choose this one I will have to do some modifying.
2. Do you have a photo gallery or is it just a forum board?

Thank you.
Robin

sophietje

Hi,

I understand you use phpBB, and that you want to keep your database for use with simple machines. Go to the downloads section (see the menu on the left) and choose converters. There you will find the converter for phpBB to SMF.

But you also need to download the simple machines forum software, because the converter only converts the database and not the software.

As far for the phpBB layout, I don't think that one can be converted to Simple Machines.
New!!!!
Adminzone.be (Dutch / Nederlands), alles voor de webmaster, administrator en moderator. Voor beginners en voor gevorderden. Over alles wat met websites te maken heeft

Oldiesmann

Yes, you can convert, and there is a photo gallery. Currently there's a bridge for Coppermine, and I'm working on integrating Gallery2 with SMF (won't be ready until early next year probably).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

RobinSlig

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping that there was a photo gallery. Now I do believe I can make my decision. Thank you again.

Robin

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: