Attachments on Board Index

Started by jmcentire, December 20, 2005, 04:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcentire

This may seem a little strange, but this would help me out if i could do this:

I want to have on the board index a place at the top for one attachment(see example picture below) except i want only the admins to be able to change/update that attachment easily and then have the "Last Updated" change to when they uploaded a new one.

The picture will explain it better i think, this is part of my board index, currently i have just edited boardindex.template and added a link to the attachment and manually typed in the date.

Thantos

Use the Redirection Boards mod and don't give guests access to the board

jmcentire

Sorry, i will try to explain it better.  Guests don't have access to view anything, so i am not worried about that(sorry i didn't mention that in the first post). 

I am setting up this site where customers that we have allowed access to this site can get information that the reps have posted, but they also want on the board index to have a link to a pdf file that is updated about every 2 weeks.  Rather than try to teach these reps how to upload the file through ftp to their host, and then edit the boardindex.template file to change the date, i would like to just have it all on the web, so they can login and click browse, select the pdf doc and hit upload.  Hopefully this make sense.
Thanks for ur replies!

Advertisement: