I must be blind...

Started by fotoman, December 28, 2005, 05:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fotoman

but I can't find the upgrade to the new released 1.1 version! I already have the beta 1.1-rc1 and all I want to do is upgrade this to the final released version. This upgrade does not show up on the downloads page http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php

Neither can I find a download to install 1.1

Please show this blind guy how to find these!  Thanks!

Gus

Bigguy

Smf 1.1 RC1, is this what you are trying to download ??? That is the latest out so far.

codenaught

You appear to be running the latest release. SMF 1.1 RC1 is the current release.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

fotoman

Quote from: Bigguy on December 28, 2005, 06:05:03 PM
Smf 1.1 RC1, is this what you are trying to download ??? That is the latest out so far.

No, I already have that. I want this that is announced on the home page of SM, in the column to the far right.

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!
Simple Machines is very happy to bring you the first release candidate of SMF 1.1. This release marks the end of the ...

Clicking on this takes you to this forum page where the official announcement message is posted here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=50176.0

Fine, looks good so far. But when you click on the link he provided to get the download, there is NO sign of 1.1 just everything earlier. That's my problem. Where is the link to 1.1??

Gus

codenaught

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 = SMF 1.1 RC1

Final is not released yet. SMF 1.1 RC1 is the current release.

Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

fotoman

Quote from: akabugeyes on December 28, 2005, 07:23:56 PM
You appear to be running the latest release. SMF 1.1 RC1 is the current release.

Maybe, but that assumes that there were ZERO changes made from the Beta version 1.1-RC1 and the released version 1.1. The release message that I posted the URL for above certainly inplies that a LOT of changes were made to the Beta when released as 1.1.

fotoman

Quote from: akabugeyes on December 28, 2005, 07:26:39 PM
SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 = SMF 1.1 RC1

Final is not released yet. SMF 1.1 RC1 is the current release.

OK, now I understand. It's just that when I downloaded this on Dec 7, it was called a late Beta version, if I remember. Now the word Beta is not there so I assumed it was actually released, but in fact it is still just a candidate for release. Thanks!

Gus

Advertisement: