News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bridge Xoops-SMF 1.1 RC3 Beta 1

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2005, 03:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

QuoteThis logout doesn't logout of SMF. Is there a way to fix this or add a block in the bridge to mimick the user menu and have the smf logout link in it?

Adding a logout link that mimicks the Xoops logout link is probably the best bet.  Either that, or, because of the way that Xoops sessions are handled, I could have the bridge check for the Xoops session, and wipe the SMF login cookie if the Xoops session isn't "logged in".

QuoteIn admin the password is still asked on every screen change.

Yeah, that's another session issue that I need to look at.

QuoteWhile I'm typing here, is there any thought put through bridginh the smf user with the xoops user. Just so not to have to enter info twice. I'd see being able in SMF bridge Admin to be able to link the SMF user fileds with those created in the xoops 2.2 Extended Profiles section.

You're asking about synching the Xoops profile and the SMF profile?  That can probably be done.  The issue with this is also similar to that in Mambo/Joomla:  When the usre makes changes in Xoops, there is no way to really export those changes to SMF, unless the Extended Profiles have some sort of hook?

QuoteWhen clicking the Register in the SMF bridge, we get to the SMF register page. Trying to register through here gives me a white page and  error

Code:
2: Wrong parameter count for mysql_query()
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/community/modules/smf/index.php

That definitely needs fixing.

Lance_

Since the DB Fields of the User Table are specified in the Extended profiles module, it should be possible to link the field to the one in the SMF profile and allow the synching.

I would see in the SMF Bridge Admin the same type of entry in order to specify which smf_user field corresponds to which xoops_user field.

Peace.

Orstio

What I am wondering is if the Xoops Extended Profile module has a way of passing data out to SMF. 

Like this:  If I go to my Xoops profile, change it, and save it, the bridge is never instantiated in the whole process.  So, the bridge has no way of knowing the change was just made.

Now, if that profile change had some kind of "hook" in it, that I can plug in a script that will write the new information out to SMF, then it will work fine.  If not, then it's impossible without changing core files.

Lance_

Let me throw something.

Would it be feasible to have a hidden field in the Xoops user profile that would call the function on the bridge to update the smf profile?

Also another thing I've run accross. As it is you must start out with the smf bridge installed, in order for new members registering being trasferred on SMF, it is not possible to have already existing users login to smf.

;)

/edit
It is however possible to login to xoops first, then when you try to go to the forum relogin and it will create the user in smf. Gets login confusing. LOL .  Especially since you are not supposed to use the xoops login for the smf bridge. hehe

Lance_

Blank page  on clicking  Find members in PM.

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: rand_code in file modules/smf/index.php line 82
This error always appear due to xoops php debug. But appears also in the white box.

Orstio

QuoteWould it be feasible to have a hidden field in the Xoops user profile that would call the function on the bridge to update the smf profile?

The form for the Xoops user profile submits to Xoops, not to the bridge.  So hidden fields don't help.  The information needs to get passed to SMF somehow.  The bridge isn't "in" the Xoops user profile, so unless the scripting in that profile has some way of exporting information to another system, this can't work.

I guess it helps if I explain how the bridge works?

The bridge initializes the SMF integration hooks.  Then the bridge includes SMF, essentially using the entire forum as an include script.  The bridge dumps the output from SMF into a buffer, and alters that buffer to make it show corrected URLs (wrapped in Xoops).

Inside SMF are a number of integration hooks, which are initialized in the bridge.  So, for example, when you change your password in the bridge, SMF passes the new data out to the hook that was already initialized.  Inside the hook function (in this case integrate_reset_password), the new password information gets dumped to Xoops, and then the function returns to SMF to let it finish what it was doing.

I guess what needs to be understood is that SMF can't go searching through the Xoops database each time it is loaded for information that one might happen to want to put in SMF.  Just like the bridge loads SMF and SMF pushes its data to Xoops, the Xoops profile would need to load something that would push data to SMF.  There is no way to make SMF pull it from Xoops.

In order to pass information from Xoops to SMF without altering core Xoops files, Xoops would need similar hooks, so that changes made would call an external function, and in that function, I would be able to write a piece of code to insert those changes into the SMF database.

QuoteAlso another thing I've run accross. As it is you must start out with the smf bridge installed, in order for new members registering being trasferred on SMF, it is not possible to have already existing users login to smf.

/edit
It is however possible to login to xoops first, then when you try to go to the forum relogin and it will create the user in smf. Gets login confusing. LOL .  Especially since you are not supposed to use the xoops login for the smf bridge. hehe

I just fixed that. 

ljmyers

Hi there,

I am a newbie to XOOPS, I only installed it about a week ago (version 2.2.3a). I've had very little problems or issues arise and my saying that is a biggie because I am new to using scripts such as portals and cms's all together. In short, it is very user friendly and I have found a new best friend! lol

My post here is to ask about the smf bridge. From what I'm reading it still needs to be tweaked a bit. I am currently using smf on the site I will be changing over to Xoops and love it and am very interested in using the smf module on my xoops site. I have learned quite a bit about html over the last couple of years and have built my own 2 sites from scratch but coding that is as dynamic as what xoops uses, I would not know how to go in and edit most parts of it if the smf needed such a thing.

I guess what I'm asking is - Should I wait a bit before d/l'ing and installing the smf module to allow time for any possible needed tweaking?

Thanks for the time,
Lana
Just call me Lana
hxxp:www.myonlinemagazine.net [nonactive]
hxxp:www.ljmyerscompany.com [nonactive]

Orstio

Yes, please wait before installing this on a production site.  There are definitely some issues that need to be worked out.

xtremecruiser

Anyone have some working examples of these integrated I can look at ?
Thanks

ljmyers

Thanks Orstio, I'll be happy to wait.  :)

Just call me Lana
hxxp:www.myonlinemagazine.net [nonactive]
hxxp:www.ljmyerscompany.com [nonactive]

X-Ception

Joolo.net social community and irc network / Yowzar - random subject forum

Lance_

Has the Zip been updated with fixes. I'd like to test them.

I've PMd Mith at Xoops to ask about the "hooks" thing. Hopefully will get an answer.

Cheers.

X-Ception

Quick question, i see _Lance has had a few issues, more so than myself, am i correct in saying thats down to 2.0.x release rather than my 2.2.x release ( of xoops ) ?

Lance_

I suspect, from my earlier question, that the files I played with have been updated with fixes. Hence less trouble now.  :)

X-Ception

Quote from: Lance_ on January 02, 2006, 06:03:47 PM
I suspect, from my earlier question, that the files I played with have been updated with fixes. Hence less trouble now.  :)

Quote« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 04:01:28 PM by Orstio »
- from first topic

Orstio

I don't think that will matter so much.  I am using 2.0.13.1 for testing.

QuoteHas the Zip been updated with fixes. I'd like to test them.

Not yet.  I've been a bit busy with new questions about the new Mambo/Joomla bridge.  I'll get to them as soon as I can.

QuoteI've PMd Mith at Xoops to ask about the "hooks" thing. Hopefully will get an answer.

All I really need is something simple like this, just before changes are made in the Xoops database:

if (file_exists('output_hook.php')){
   include ('output_hook.php');
   export_data($variables,$to,$export);
}

Not EXACTLY like that, but anything similar where I can wedge in a function to write to SMF.

joelrodrigues

FOR LANCE and other members... You talked about UNCHECK the COMPRESSED OUTPUT option. I am using JOOMLA 1.05 and SMF FORUM 1.1 RC2 and i didnt find this option yet. Where is it?

Sorry for this noob question...

JOEL RODRIGUES

X-Ception

well this is for the xoops bridge perhaps try in the joomla one BUT if my memory serves me correctly for joomla its in global config and for SMF its in
admin => Server settings =>feature config => "Enable compressed output" untick this

charpress

Love SMF and Xoops, so I've been waiting for this.

Did an install that just gets a blank screen from the Xoops main page SMF link, so here are some questions:

Does the bridge work with the latest versions of both Xoops (2.0x and 2.2x)? Could incorrect version be my problem? It is an 2.0.13 version site that I tried that gets the blank screen.

I entered the absolute path to my smf forum location as reported by my server: /la-legal-www/forum and just wonder if that is a problem. It looks to me that the absolute address is about the only thing you can screw up in the install.

Orstio

Quote from: Orstio on January 02, 2006, 06:09:12 PM
I don't think that will matter so much.  I am using 2.0.13.1 for testing.

QuoteI entered the absolute path to my smf forum location as reported by my server: /la-legal-www/forum and just wonder if that is a problem. It looks to me that the absolute address is about the only thing you can screw up in the install.

Try going to your SMF admin panel, Server Settings, and copy the SMF Directory.

Advertisement: