News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

should we upgrade to RC2 when language file not ready?

Started by Sincere, January 01, 2006, 03:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sincere

Hello dear all.

I have updated one of my boards to the very amazing RC2..... and that looks nice.

I have other boards, but non-english and the language files are not yet available to RC2 (but yes, they are available for my languages for RC1)

What would you recommend to me to do ?

thank you

Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

xenovanis

There are some changes in the languagefiles so I wouldn't recommend it.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sincere

Quote from: xenovanis on January 01, 2006, 08:19:33 PM
There are some changes in the languagefiles so I wouldn't recommend it.

can I use the RC1 files and eventually complete or modify those to fit the RC2 version ??

xenovanis

With some comparison software that would be possible. Look for different or missing languagestrings.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sincere

Quote from: xenovanis on January 02, 2006, 09:12:55 AM
With some comparison software that would be possible. Look for different or missing languagestrings.

ultraedit32 would do ?

EditPlus ?

xenovanis

kegobeer

I think you mean UltraCompare.  UltraEdit is just an editing program.  It would take a long time to open two files up and go thru them line by line.  UltraCompare works great for comparing PHP files.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Sincere

Advertisement: