News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need some On/OFF graphics ASAP

Started by Joseph, February 24, 2004, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph

Hey guys - I'm looking for a good SMF on/off gif set for the board index of a theme I'm working on.  I'd like something that's definitely SMF - so althought the circles here are nice, they don't call out SMF - maybe if the letters SMF were superimposed over the graphic?

Thanks in advance
Joseph Fung
Co-Founder & CEO, Kiite
Co-Founder TribeHR, Lewis Media, SMF

babylonking

works only with white background cuz it's gif format.

Killer Possum

Looks good babylonking, maybe your should just keep the middle images as one or the other though. Make the middle image light or dark depending if there new posts or not.

babylonking

Check the light gray one  :)

I hate circles when i work with gif format it's really hard to make the edge looks smooth ???

Spaceman-Spiff

looking good :)

Quote from: babylonking on February 24, 2004, 04:58:57 PM
I hate circles when i work with gif format it's really hard to make the edge looks smooth ???
why not make a rectangle one then?

babylonking

Quotewhy not make a rectangle one then?

I thought Joseph wants only circle image  ::)

pulpitfire

Quote from: babylonking on February 24, 2004, 04:58:57 PM
Check the light gray one  :)

so how did you do those (although lighter colors tend to look smoother)?

Killer Possum

well it looks smooth on a light background but put it on a dark one and you will see little imperfections (white pixles and what not).

babylonking

Quoteso how did you do those (although lighter colors tend to look smoother)?

I designed them in photohsop.

The circle edge looks smoother when i designed in macromedia fireworks but it doesn't have more style options like photoshop.

babylonking

Quotewell it looks smooth on a light background but put it on a dark one and you will see little imperfections (white pixles and what not).

gif format there no way to make the circle looks smooth,  Only one way which is you use pencil tool and make the brush opacity %50 and start clicking and adding light color around the circle edge and this will take too much time to make it look smooth but still not enough to make circle %100 smooth. ::)

[Unknown]

Why do these icons have to be circles, squares, or something like that?

I'm a fan of bigger more noticable changes.  Can't the whole row light up?  A perfect example of what I mean is when a category lights up.  You notice that.  It's cool.  It looks nice - at least in my opinion.

But, just for this icon... I'd like to see something... a little different.  Like, why not some sort of pound sign? (#) Why does it have to be a circle or a square?

I don't really know though, I'm just saying.

-[Unknown]

Joseph

Hey wow - those are great!  Any chance you could make the difference in colour a little clearer? They gray and blue is really close, and those of us with bad eyes may have trouble. Thanks though!

And no - it doesn't have to be a circle at all. It fact, it could be just a lever thing if you wanted.  I just meant that I liked the circles we have, and that someone could use that as a starting point if they wanted.
Joseph Fung
Co-Founder & CEO, Kiite

Daniel D.

I think they're great ! They have to be more colorful (don't know if you mean it with "light up" Unknown). It doesn't matter if they only work on a lighter background because they should fit in ONE template and not multiple (am I right) ?

Killer Possum

Quote from: babylonking on February 24, 2004, 05:32:55 PM
Quotewell it looks smooth on a light background but put it on a dark one and you will see little imperfections (white pixles and what not).

gif format there no way to make the circle looks smooth,  Only one way which is you use pencil tool and make the brush opacity %50 and start clicking and adding light color around the circle edge and this will take too much time to make it look smooth but still not enough to make circle %100 smooth. ::)

Yeah I know, I was replying to pege ;)

eFishie

Quote from: babylonking on February 24, 2004, 05:26:36 PM
Quoteso how did you do those (although lighter colors tend to look smoother)?

I designed them in photohsop.

The circle edge looks smoother when i designed in macromedia fireworks but it doesn's have more style options like photoshop.

Use both. Use one first, then switch.
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Joseph

Quote from: Daniel D. on February 24, 2004, 05:45:20 PM
I think they're great ! They have to be more colorful (don't know if you mean it with "light up" Unknown). It doesn't matter if they only work on a lighter background because they should fit in ONE template and not multiple (am I right) ?
Correct :)
Joseph Fung
Co-Founder & CEO, Kiite

babylonking

Remember these images works on white background only !

Killer Possum

So what your saying is you can't use them on a dark background right?

babylonking

QuoteSo what your saying is you can't use them on a dark background right?

They look bad in dark background cuz ther are gif format.  ???

Killer Possum

So then using them on a black or dark background is a bad idea... correct?

Advertisement: