News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

template issue with babylon on this board

Started by Meow Doom, January 01, 2006, 10:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meow Doom

While reading another template support thread, someone posted an image in a post, and it bled through the tables for about 3 posts below it. Just FYI:

Dannii

You using Mozilla/FF?
That is a problem with the Gecko engine and is not related to SMF. I've seen it many other places, including vBulletin.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Meow Doom

Indeed I am.

Wow, whats up with browsers these days! Starting to get a tad annoying.  >:(

Alright, ignore this then.  :P

Trekkie101

Well if an SMF tenplate was full CSS based with no tables, it wouldn't happen :P but thats a lot of work and im not sure its actually possible, but yes Gecko should be able to deal with the tables right. It was supposed to be fixed by Firefox 1.5 but its not :( Firefox 2 is promised to be fixed. To fix it, CTRL + F5 and that'll do a quick flush of your cached copy of the page and it will work right :)

Meow Doom

QuoteWell if an SMF tenplate was full CSS based with no tables, it wouldn't happen

Has someone attemped something close yet? (I'd be interested in seeing how they coded it!

QuoteGecko should be able to deal with the tables right. It was supposed to be fixed by Firefox 1.5 but its not :( Firefox 2 is promised to be fixed. To fix it, CTRL + F5 and that'll do a quick flush of your cached copy of the page and it will work right :)

That's what I thought! Which is why I posted it here. But yeah, after a hard refresh it didn't show when I went back.

Meriadoc

It's definitely possible to code an entire template without using tables. But when it comes to each message, or each topic on the message index, doesn't that seem like tabular data? So I dont' think you should do it fully tableless, but close ;)
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Advertisement: