error in moving topic

Started by climber, January 03, 2006, 10:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

climber

I just upgraded to 1.0.5. I was getting an occasional message saying that my database was one version & the program another and that I should get the latest updater. after a bit of a dustup getting things working, I am back on line. however, when I try & move a post from one to another topic I get the following error message:

Duplicate entry '0-3' for key 2
File: /services1/webpages/n/e/neclimbs.com/public/smf_bbs/Sources/MoveTopic.php
Line: 215

this is one of the reasons I upgraded to begin with. hmmm...

any ideas?

TIA

dtm.exe

Why not try upgrading to RC2?

redone

>Forum Maintenance>Find and repair and any errors.

See if that works.

:)

climber

Quote from: dtm.exe on January 03, 2006, 10:14:02 AM
Why not try upgrading to RC2?

now that would certainly be a smart thing to do...install a BETA version over a version that is already having a problem!

<wry grin>

climber

Quote from: redone on January 03, 2006, 10:20:00 AM
>Forum Maintenance>Find and repair and any errors.

See if that works.

:)

did it, it found errors, said fix 'em, that worked!!! thank YOU for the advice. once again I am a happy climber, er camper. <grin>

dtm.exe

Quote from: climber on January 03, 2006, 10:23:13 AM
now that would certainly be a smart thing to do...install a BETA version over a version that is already having a problem!

<wry grin>

Actually, you're right.  I am 99% sure that this would fix your problem.  SMF beta versions are *extremely* stable.

climber

Quote from: dtm.exe on January 03, 2006, 10:25:01 AM
Quote from: climber on January 03, 2006, 10:23:13 AM

<wry grin>

Actually, you're right.  I am 99% sure that this would fix your problem.  SMF beta versions are *extremely* stable.

possibly it would, and I'm sure SMF is solid, HOWEVER after 20 years as a software engineer I really don't do that kjind of thing on production boxes.

that said, thanks for responding...

:D

Advertisement: