SMF 1.0 RC1 to 1.0.5 upgrade went wrong

Started by andreseso, January 08, 2006, 09:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreseso

Hello,

I installed a SMF 1.0 RC1 forum for a friend at hxxp:sexologia.org/foros/index.php [nonactive] in spanish and I upgraded directly to 1.0.5.

I had the typical problems of missing fields and similar that I had to add manually to the database table since the upgrader was not able to add them itself.  The forum was down a couple of weeks because I forgot to double check the upgrade and the database  was missing a field in smf_members which prevented new users from registering and the table smf_banned did not exist.  Also user logins stopped working.

Now the problems I got is that the error logs are full of the messages

8: Undefined index: icon_sources
8: Undefined index: no_topic_listing
and
8: Undefined index: show_quick_login

and I would like to be able to have an empty error log

Also the URLS have appended PHP_SESSID which means google will hate the content of the forum.

One last request,  I designed the theme the forum uses and when I upgrade to 1.1 I will need guidelines on how to make the theme compatible with 1.1

Andres

Fizzy

It sounds like you might have messed up the upgrade.

You did run upgrade.php? That should have updated the database completely for you because there is no manually addition needed during the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.5 that I am aware of, but if you were missing those fields then it looks like you might have missed something.

To try resolving the situation,

++ Take a back-up of your site ++

and then try running upgrade again - please report any errors
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Advertisement: