Hacking Attempt..

Started by Rain501, January 12, 2006, 07:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain501

Right so, I've installed the shop mod and I'm currently writing my own items for it. One of them is the ability to charge people for the privilege of having a signature on their posts. With the other mods i've done I've always created a new table but with this one i thought it would be better to tag a field on the end of the smf_members table, which I did. Tested registrations and other actions that use and modify that table just to make sure I hadn't screwed anything up and its ok.

Now I've written the item to amend the table, which is a simple SQL 'update' to change the boolean value in the new field. I can run the script on the DB fine, but when it comes to using it within the script, it returns a hacking attempt error.

So, what I'd like to know is where is this defined, and is there a way to bypass this protection for specific things?

(I wasn't entirely sure if this is in the right forum, but its not really support, and not really coding discussion.. so feel free to move if it is ;D)

Elissen

I vaguely remember that I might have run into that message myself too once. Do you have a semi-column (;) at the end of the SQL-instruction? remove it

Rain501

Advertisement: