Can someone test this package for me?

Started by GC, January 13, 2006, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC

I installed a fresh version of RC2 on my server, and it doesn't work. But others say it does. Could someone please give me your results?

Link: XBox Gamer Tag

Oldiesmann

What errors are you getting? Have you tried asking in the topic for that mod?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

GC

The problem is, it's my own mod. And the errors I get are:

1.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php     Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

Do you see a problem with the package?

GC

Why was this moved? It was suppose to be in support because it deals with the package manager!

Thantos

There is nothing wrong with the package manager.  If you have an issue with a mod you are developing then it belongs here in coding discussion.

Now go use the test_modification.php file in the Package SDK, anyone? and you'll find your errors.

GC

The thing is, I followed that thing exactly. I even compared it to my older versions, it's the exact same thing! Whats my package manager doing? Nothing else installs to. I never mess up my packages...

Thantos

You are not going to find a line in the default template where you have
<td><input type="text" name="websiteUrl" size="50" value="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" /></td>
at the beginning of the line.

A quick search of that file shows it being:
                                                                <td><input type="text" name="websiteUrl" size="50" value="', $context['member']['website']['url'], '" /></td>

Of course that not 100% accurate as putty automatically changes the tabs into spaces.

GC

The package manager coutns the spaces too! Wow.

Thantos

Unless you tell it not to yes.

And since I know the next question will be "How do you tell it not to?"
http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/modification

GC

Nope. Next question was how to make my server work. lol. But i beleive I posted it somewhere else, and got no responce.

Like the mod server. Mine says it cannot be found.

Advertisement: