News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

smf 1.1RC2 Installer crashes.

Started by rdawg, January 14, 2006, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdawg

hello everyone , im and old smf user, i have a site running with smf 1.1b3public , and on february im going to move the site to another server.

So im doing some testing on my local server, for the moment im doing the test on windows with this software installed
apache 1.3.34
php 5.1.2
mysql 5.0.15

And the problem is that when i try to open the smf folder accessing trough web , it crashes.

I have joomla for example and other scripts installed on my local server so i kind of think that my server configuration is fine. Also i dowloaded the smf 1.5 installation files and those runs just fine !! , but the problem is trying to install the 1.1RC2 , as soon as i access the folder , there is a message of windows telling me if i want to debug the error on apache or not.

I hope i made myself clear enough and appreciate any help in advance :D thanx

I also want to say that i installed manually the server and the php , i just have the php_mysql.dll module loaded , maybe its some other module i need to activate for smf rc2 to work  ;)

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

rdawg

Quote from: Ben_S on January 15, 2006, 11:50:49 AM
What is it that is crashing?

When i download the smf 1.1RC2 installer , then i extract the contents to my apache htdocs , then when i access the script for it to begin installing it crashes , here is a picture of it.

http://www.therdoggsv.net/code/upload/files/1137362897crashes.JPG

As i said before i downloaded the 1.5 installer and it works OK, but its the 1.1RC2 that crashes.

Also i downloaded lots of scripts (xoops , e107, postnuke , joomla) , as this is and old server that i have and everything works OK. Im just having problems with RC2. :(

Ben_S

Doesn't really say too much, are there any logs that might give an indication of what piece of code it dislikes? Check the error_log file.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

maxchan

I just got exactly the same question that rdoggsv got. Apache craches and no messages in log.
The following message is shown in the Windows dialog.

szAppName : Apache.exe     szAppVer : 0.0.0.0     szModName : php5apache.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2.2     offset : 00002e64     

maxchan

I changed to use Apache 2.0.55. The problem is gone. It seems that RC2 is incompatible with Apache 1.3.xx.

rdawg

Quote from: maxchan on March 21, 2006, 10:42:31 AM
I changed to use Apache 2.0.55. The problem is gone. It seems that RC2 is incompatible with Apache 1.3.xx.

i did the same , upgrading to apache 2 fixed my problem , i did not change my php config neither my mysql config , just upgraded the apache and that was it.

maybe as u said there is some conflicts with apache 1.3

Advertisement: