Simple mod help: display user selected forums in new category

Started by nado, January 15, 2006, 09:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nado

hi

Here's what I'm trying to do (which should be easy if I knew any PHP)...

1) User goes into their profile, clicks a link called "mySubjects" under "Modify Profile"

2) A list of all the forums are then listed with checkboxes next to them... so the user can then select the Maths, English, Physics forum etc as the subjects they do/are interested in

3) User saves this info

4) When the user goes back to the forum homepage, they then see a category called "mySubjects" at the top with the rest of the forum listed underneath as normal

5) The "mySubjects" category looks like a normal category (same formatting etc), but it will list links to the forums that they selected in their profile. i.e. If they chose Maths, English and Physics these show in the "mySubjects" category and look like they are the same as every other category, but the links go to the relevant forums.

Can anyone help out with the code for this and where to put it etc? ... I have no PHP programming knowledge yet!

cheers
nathan

ps, I also posted this topic, but it doesn't look like it'll get any replies: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=65891.0

nado

OK, I've posted the project on hxxp:rentacoder.com [nonactive] if anyone wants to help me out: hxxp:www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=396622 [nonactive]

Advertisement: