News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Glowing balls/Mg

Started by Suke, January 16, 2006, 12:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suke

Hi i was wondering right how can i make it so where the Board says the category it has say a ball right How do i make it so it has MG instead cuz that is the name of our site??
Do i need to put in some type of code and make it myself or not??

Suke

Anyone please http://www.masta-gamerz.com/forum/index.php Look where it says Forum Rules and the little ball next to it Please i need it!!

Sverre

In your theme's image folder (/forum/Themes/helios_multi11rc2/images/), you'll find some images called on.gif, on2.gif and off.gif. Replace/edit these files to fit your needs (don't change their names). I guess you could replace the images with plain text reading MG as well, but that would require more work.

gerrymore

I'd suggest not using images without permission. The helios examples above are copyright to Bloc at www.tinyportal.net
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

RBH

Quote from: gerrymore on January 24, 2006, 08:08:29 AM
I'd suggest not using images without permission. The helios examples above are copyright to Bloc at www.tinyportal.net

what are you talking about? sverre was just showing uchiha where to find the images in uchihas' theme he has installed on his board. are you saying that if uchiha changes an image of his helios theme to text instead he is copyright infringing, or do you even know what your talking about? ::)

Thantos

Those glowing balls seem to be exactly like the ones used in the simple theme here.  If so it would be a copyright violation as the creator of those images only allows us to use them here.

RBH

at any rate, all the guy wanted to do was REMOVE the glowing balls of the theme and replace them with the letters mg, i just want to know how thats wrong?

Sverre

Quote from: Thantos on January 24, 2006, 09:53:55 AM
Those glowing balls seem to be exactly like the ones used in the simple theme here.  If so it would be a copyright violation as the creator of those images only allows us to use them here.

Jeez... it's the standard on/on2/off images in Helios, one of Bloc's free themes, and if uchiha sasuke wants to change/replace them, (s)he can do so without asking anyone for permission. The flexibility of the template system is used as one of your many strong "selling" points, but if the end users are strictly limited to use only their own ideas or the graphic designers' ideas without any modifications, it would be totally useless.

Advertisement: