News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reference mod

Started by spicyjoe, January 19, 2006, 07:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spicyjoe

hey, vB, IPB, phpBB have this mod so i though SMF have it too but smf doesn't have it... a reference mods is really cool... you can make contest out of it! can anyone help me? i want it like add a small lil text box when you register saying whose your reference, and when they enter the persons username, that person profile will stat 1 reference, and there will be a link (can be just for admin), top 5 references... confusing... LMAO! but anyone can help me?

Gregory

yeah this would be great because you can reward existing members for bringing new members(traffic) to your site.

would be good if members got given a referer link rather than relying on people to type their name in a box. like: forum/index.php?action=register&referedby=member_name

if someone made this mod, it would be great (maybe a 2nd version of the mod) to either have a post requirment before referals count OR allow the admins to viewed who refered who so they can check it out (and check its not a multiple account etc.)
Ant's Life - My morpg that is integrated with SMF for good communications between players and staff.

spicyjoe

yeah! that can be a gimmick to bring people to the forum... both parties get something... :D or it automaticly rewards a member when the guest register with reference of that member.... that can disable... :D...

bugsmi0

should not have to have a gimmick to bring people to the forum, they either want to join your forum or not why do people feel the need to play tricks just to get members its silly and distasteful IMHO

they complain how businesses trap or lure people into becoming customers then they themselves use the same tricks to get people to join their board and posts messages

the human condition really is doomed lol

Advertisement: