News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Problems with adding items to menu's in 1.1RC2

Started by TheMaTrIx, January 19, 2006, 03:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMaTrIx

Second time I run into this problem and can't find a single reason why the new menu system persistently refuses to display my added menu item:

When I add following code:
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
                $normal_buttons['custom'] = array('text' => 'faq', 'image' => 'faq.gif', 'lang' => true, 'custom' => 'target="_blank"', 'url' => $rooturl . '?ind=faq&op=suggest&id=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id']);

Right under   "// Special case for the custom one." in Display.template.php

It won't show up, it doesn't give any parse errors or anything, it just doesn't show the link.

For the Google Maps mod, I have the same exact problem with the link for the member maps not showing, eventhough the code is sound and it does display in the default theme, which is 100% the exact same as the index.template.php for my costom theme.

Any idea's why the heck its refusing to show links I add in my costom theme, which, for now, is just a different CSS coloring scheme?

TheMaTrIx

Guys ...
This is now the 3de link I'm trying to add to the menu that won't show no matter what I do.

Fizzy

Did you copy the faq.gif file to all Themes/Images folders too?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

TheMaTrIx

Considering there is no faq.gif file, nope, didn't copy it anywhere XD

But now I did create one and put it everywhere and still no go.

Why is there a image = line in all the menu items anyway? When the new menu doesn't use any images apart from the CSS defined ones?

Doesn't really matter anymore now though, after carefull consideration I decided not to put this item in the menu but elsewhere in the topic body.

Thanks Fizzy

Fizzy

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Sverre

I know this isn't relevant to you anymore, but did you try to replace the Mark Unread/Add Poll button with the FAQ one? If so, your problems might be the result of a conflict over the use of the 'custom' button slot. I don't know much about PHP, and I haven't bothered to try my theory, but since you didn't say you removed the code which sets $normal_buttons['custom'] to Mark Unread or Add Poll, I guess it could be a possibility...

Advertisement: