What are the conditions to be able to create a new topic in Tips and Tricks ?

Started by winnet, January 21, 2006, 09:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winnet

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

winnet

excelent, but you should be more specific and clearly say that common users can not open new threads there.
tks.

JayBachatero

Quote from: dtm.exe on October 10, 2005, 10:15:47 AM
How do I submit a tip or trick?

To submit a tip or trick, post it in SMF Coding Discussion along with a message requesting that a moderator or team member move your topic to the Tips and Tricks board.  If a team member or moderator feels that your submission is beneficial to other SMF users, we will move it to the Tips and Tricks board.
Follow me on Twitter

winnet

yes I read that;
the key word is to submit.

but to ask for a suggestion? in which sections? is not support, is not features request, is just a questions

nevermind, a search and a lot a time to dig out those 15 pages of answers may be a solution

tks anyway

TheMaTrIx

If you post some tidbit of code that can be helpfull for everyone, it usualy automaticly gets moved there too.
Just like that a thread of mine got moved in there, after I did some work to create a vBulletin like Display.Template look. Although not to many people other then SMF guys replied to the thread, I am monitoring the files download stats and they imply its a rather popular modification.

Great inventions happen by accident, when your looking to invent something all you'll get is mediocracy :p

That said, just share things you think might be helpfull to others, that apply to the operation of your boards, that way no time is wasted in creating things or making tips and tricks for stuff noone will ever use anyways.

JayBachatero

Well it can be done two ways.  You submit it or if you ask for a change of some sort and it proves to be helpfull it get's added to the list.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: