How to change text on index page?

Started by PJC, January 25, 2006, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJC

I would like to change some wording on the welcome page.  I assume the text is in the $txt[]  table or array, but I can't find it.  Is that the way to change text, and, if so, where is it stored?  Any help will be appreciated.

Dannii

It's stored in the language file of the appropriate template. Which text exactly?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

PJC

Thanks for your reply, eldacar. 

I would like to customize the text in several places eventually, but for now I'd like to start with the top line which is "Hey, user, you don't have any messages ..." etc.  I've scanned many of the 500+ files but have not found where the text is hiding.   Where are the templates stored?

BTW - this forum and the SMF system is awesome!  The install went just as advertised and the readme file (or wherever it was) and error messages were very helpful.  Just as you guys predicted, the only problem was the FTP cutting off near the end of the upload.  Thanks to  the built-in SMF help, this was easily fixed. It's amazing how open source does it better than the giant companies.  Too bad the public can't figure this out, but that's another story.

Dannii

Those are in index.english.php. Look in index.template.php for the specific numbers.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

PJC

Thank you.  Guess I didn't look far enough!

Advertisement: