Using mambo + smf with bridge - easy way to upgrade? + a few problems

Started by 0m39a, January 30, 2006, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0m39a

Hi all,

i was just wondering if there is an easy way to go about upgrading smf + the smf mambo bridge.

i am currently using SMF 1.0.2 and  Mambo Integration 1.0.

i dont really want to have to go through and manually install everything by hand again, so is there an easy updater i can use, or will i have to do it all by hand, and risk screwing something up :P

cheers.

[edit]

while im at it, ive been having a bit of a problem lately.

I registered a new domain name for my site, hxxp:www.megalan.tk [nonactive] (old site was named hxxp:www.omega.atomhosting.info [nonactive] ), and ever since upgrading, ive noticed that a few things dont work, such as quotes and smileys (they work typing them by hand, just not by clicking on the smiley buttons).

also, sometimes when people register, it will register then with mambo, but not SMF, making it so they cant log in.  this is very annoying, and happens seemingly at random.

any help very appreciated.

cheers

Kindred

sorry... no simple upgrade utility.

Uninstall whatever bridge you are currently using in Mambo. com_smf, com_smf_registration and mod_smf_login

Upgrade SMF to 1.1RC2 by uploading the UPGRADE version and then running upgrade.php
Then run repair_settings.php

Upgrade mambo or joomla by uploading the full version and running the upgrade script if needed. (see actual instructions in the package you select)

install the 1.1.2 (3.20) bridge...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

0m39a

thanks Kindred

ill give that a go later on, and let you all know how i go.

do you think that this will fix the problems ive been having lately?

cheers.

Advertisement: