Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sardonick007

I am getting The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: board_id after installing custom form mod 4x on smf 2.1.3 using php 8
I am completely lost and could use a hand...

sardonick007

I just installed on smf 2.1.3 and every time I click "Add New Field" I get the error Field 'text' doesn't have a default value
File: public_html/comm/Sources/CustomForm/ManageCustomForm.php
Line: 924

In phpmyadmin I found the fields and entered default values, but they are not allowed to have default values, so that doesn't help anything.

I cannot see an "update" to 4.03 or 4.04 (or any version) in the mod page in the forum.

AniTr

Can we add SCEditor to textarea contents? To enter more attractive content in forms?

AniTr

erich199

Love this, great job.

Curious if it's possible in the future to be able to restrict each form based on usergroups?

As I understand now, if you allow guest access they have access to all forms.

live627

Each form has its own permissions.

erich199

Quote from: live627 on November 25, 2023, 03:05:14 AMEach form has its own permissions.

I realized my own stupidity after I made that post. Sorry about that!

durangod

Hi,  so this can be used as a "show your rig" form to allow users to input their computer specs to share with others. Or a "show your environment" form to allow users to share their hosting specs like php version, apache version, mysql version and so on.... ?

If so, i assume it works off of custom fields that i create in the native SMF admin or does it allow me to create the fields on the form itself?

Can it show on their profile or is it just as a post topic?
My name is short for durango dave (i am not a god lol)

Diego Andrés

It does have its own custom fields afaik.
This doesn't add anything to profiles, just posts topics.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Kindred

Quote from: durangod on December 12, 2023, 01:02:18 PMHi,  so this can be used as a "show your rig" form to allow users to input their computer specs to share with others. Or a "show your environment" form to allow users to share their hosting specs like php version, apache version, mysql version and so on.... ?

If so, i assume it works off of custom fields that i create in the native SMF admin or does it allow me to create the fields on the form itself?

Can it show on their profile or is it just as a post topic?

Custom Profile fields have been part of SMF since 2.0.0 - no mod needed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Only as a new topic

StarredSkies

Hello! Diego sent me here from this request. I am looking for a replacement mod for Post Templates by SMFSimple. With your custom template function, would it function similarly?

live627

This does seem to be similar to [[mod:Post Templates]] in that it allows to make structured posts, but only admin can make templates and it does not integrate into the posting page. The custom template function exists for rearranging the input boxes in action=form;n=<ID>

StarredSkies

Gotcha. I wasn't sure. Thank you for clarifying!

If you ever add the ability to do either of those, that'd be an awesome idea to include.

I'll keep this in mind.

Kindred

Doesn't this mod also let the admin configure the post output of the form entries?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Yes–but is diffderent than specifying a custom template function.

Mzr

Hi all,

Is it possible to activate the form for the topic reply ?

Kindred

No... the form is a completely separate URL. It's not part of the post/response flow.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: