Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandos

wow, THAT was a quick reply :)

yeap, it fails only in that file, and I can't upgrade to RC2 because TP doesn't work with it
it's ok though, there will be a compatible version soon :D I'll wait
the mod sounds perfect if you want to add a second, more precise title to your site (exactly what i'm trying to do!)

jerm

Quote from: mandos on February 04, 2006, 04:29:39 PM
wow, THAT was a quick reply :)

yeap, it fails only in that file, and I can't upgrade to RC2 because TP doesn't work with it
it's ok though, there will be a compatible version soon :D I'll wait
the mod sounds perfect if you want to add a second, more precise title to your site (exactly what i'm trying to do!)

well, if you want, you can still install the mod even though it fails on index.template.php
there is an option that will still allow you to display ads on most of the pages on your website.. but be aware, i've never actually tested this mod with TP.. so install at your own risk kinda thing

and change the title, you mean "Ad management" isnt a great title?

mandos

i meant adding an extra title for my site :)

my site (named TioOnline) should have been called: "Department Of Technology Of Biomedical Instruments"
it looks reeeally bad if I place it in the top of my site! so ad-management is greate because i can add this (as a flash maybe) under the control buttons!

the name of the mod is perfect, my sites name is the trouble :D

btw, I don't think that I'll risk it, i'm not a php programmer (yet! lol)

winnet

excelent mod, installed without problem
it will be 10 times more interesting if you add the option to insert different codes in different positions
or at least in top and bottom of page should be a way to insert differents scripts.

jerm

Quote from: winnet on February 04, 2006, 09:21:29 PM
it will be 10 times more interesting if you add the option to insert different codes in different positions
or at least in top and bottom of page should be a way to insert differents scripts.

i have done this for the rc2 most current version.. and seeing as lots of people have downloaded the version for 1.0.6, i will probably update it sometime next week

marinelife

I am on RC2 and one thing that would be cool is to replace the Simple Machine Forum Image in the top corner with the banner ads

marinelife

or like they have here and replace the Get in Gear image with the banner ads

jerm

its nice to have input on where people like to put their ads.
i'll see what i can work on through the week (i have an exam to study for .. so i might not be able to spend as much time as i'd like) but i will get around to doing it

marinelife

winnet

Quote from: electrohome88 on February 04, 2006, 09:23:29 PM

i have done this for the rc2 most current version.. and seeing as lots of people have downloaded the version for 1.0.6, i will probably update it sometime next week

I dwld the rc2_v1-4.zip, cause I running now rc2 on one of my forums.
which are the most recent versions? or more advanced?
in this version there are just one place to insert scripts, and this script are displayed where you chose; but not 2 different script
but I may be wrong

jerm

Quote from: winnet on February 04, 2006, 09:51:56 PM
Quote from: electrohome88 on February 04, 2006, 09:23:29 PM

I dwld the rc2_v1-4.zip, cause I running now rc2 on one of my forums.
which are the most recent versions? or more advanced?
in this version there are just one place to insert scripts, and this script are displayed where you chose; but not 2 different script
but I may be wrong
that is the most current version of the ad management mod

winnet

so, this version allow to put two different scripts in different positions?
if yes, how so?

if no, no problem, take your time, good luck on exam, we will be here . . .

jerm

the most current version allows you to place ads on the top (under the menu), on the bottom of the page, and also after the first post in every topic

as of right now, those are the only spots you can put the ads, but i plan on adding more spots

winnet

yes I understand that, what I was asking was different scripts
I was thinking for example at a script in bottom, another, different one in front and so on. now the same script is put in different position.

trenchteam

Excellent Mod! Saves me lots of time!

houston

I agree.

houston

Where would I go to reduce the spacing between the Ad and the menu items and my logo? Would it be within the code that the mod installed or somewhere else. Running SMF 1.1 RC2 and T.P. v0.8.6. I have attached an image to show the gaps that I have around the ad. Well, I was going to attache an image but there is no option to do that. You can go to this link instead. http://www.eaglebaycamp.com/forum/index.php

jerm

Quote from: winnet on February 04, 2006, 11:04:39 PM
yes I understand that, what I was asking was different scripts
I was thinking for example at a script in bottom, another, different one in front and so on. now the same script is put in different position.

ya this has been suggested, and im trying to figure out the best way to do this.. its easier said than done

Quote from: houston on February 04, 2006, 11:22:11 PM
Where would I go to reduce the spacing between the Ad and the menu items and my logo? Would it be within the code that the mod installed or somewhere else. Running SMF 1.1 RC2 and T.P. v0.8.6. I have attached an image to show the gaps that I have around the ad. Well, I was going to attache an image but there is no option to do that. You can go to this link instead. http://www.eaglebaycamp.com/forum/index.php
that would be in the index.template.php.. i guess in the next version i can remove the space.. cause you can easily add a space if you want to by just putting <br> in the code.. i'll change this in the next version

houston

This would work great for setting your forum logo. Just have the code placed above the row of menu items.

jeegee

[sent you a PM too, did not see this thread, sorry]

Wow Nice job. A few things that I realy want for my situation....

1. Can you please make it possible to add a option to display ads as a colomn on the left side? Do you know what I mean?

2. This one is more complex I think. Would it be possible to use different kind of styles? So several pieces of code?

Why? Well I use google adsense and want 2 places for the ads. The first is the left side as a colomn and also after the first post. But is that case I need to different codes (one colomn and the other as a wide one).

If 2. is far to complex, could you plz plz plz help me out to add only the left colomn option? I know php, so a work around would be good too. O btw this all for rc2 with the default theme.

ok, saw that someone alse also asked for the several codes to use.
Don't want to push you, but any idea when these 2 things couold added?

And again, your mod realy rocks.

o btw, a hint for google adsense users, according to the rules of google, you are not allowed
to display ads on admin and members pages. With this mod that can be done. Just unselect
display on all pages and check the others. Realy nicely done by the developper.

Regards,
Johan

Advertisement: