Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winnet

Quote from: electrohome88 on February 04, 2006, 11:32:42 PM
Quote from: winnet on February 04, 2006, 11:04:39 PM
yes I understand that, what I was asking was different scripts
I was thinking for example at a script in bottom, another, different one in front and so on. now the same script is put in different position.

ya this has been suggested, and im trying to figure out the best way to do this.. its easier said than done

right now are 5 places for display with one cell to enter the script.
maybe you can to put a cell for enter the code near every places, and try to figure a way to associate the positions with script near them.

or put 2, 3 or more cell scripts numbered, and near the checkbox who indicate the positions put another one where the admin wrote the number of script.
so we can chose the place to insert script and the number of script used
but as I said, good like with exam and take your time, the mod is very useful as is now.

street2k

Im trying to get this MOD to work with my theme. It works perfect with the default theme. Are there any changes I need to make or is it possible for you to make a version of this MOD or add some notes where we can modify the settings such as theme.

Also I wish this Mod had a feature where a admin can specify which forums the ads will be viewable & be able to run multiple campaigns.

SALocalcom

The installation went fine and I added code, and get nothing.  No adverse effect, no scrible, just nothing.  Is the mod html friendly or is there other code necessary.

zasul

instaled it i add the code but nothing shows up
hxxp:zas.blaisehosting.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

jerm

Quote from: street2k on February 05, 2006, 12:20:28 PM
Im trying to get this MOD to work with my theme. It works perfect with the default theme. Are there any changes I need to make or is it possible for you to make a version of this MOD or add some notes where we can modify the settings such as theme.

Also I wish this Mod had a feature where a admin can specify which forums the ads will be viewable & be able to run multiple campaigns.

sorry, i didn't actually put any comments in my code (i will next release)
if you open up install.xml you should be able to see the lines of code you'd need to display the ads

Quote from: SALocalcom on February 05, 2006, 12:51:35 PM
The installation went fine and I added code, and get nothing.  No adverse effect, no scrible, just nothing.  Is the mod html friendly or is there other code necessary.
this is installed on the default theme only, are you sure your using the default theme as your theme?

Quote from: zasul on February 05, 2006, 01:11:46 PM
instaled it i add the code but nothing shows up
http://zas.blaisehosting.com/forum/index.php
your also not using the default theme, if you go to
http://zas.blaisehosting.com/forum/index.php?theme=1
you'll see that the mod has actually installed, you just have some errors in your code thats not allowing the images to show up properly

SALocalcom

I've saved my own theme as the default them, but I've only made color and button changes.

trenchteam

When you install the mod, you can see what files were changed in the default theme.  Make the changes manually on your custom theme. It will do the job.

SALocalcom

My theme is the default theme and has been since I originally started changing things.  Changes?  You mean chmod to 777, or 744......

eMachine

after installing the mod, it just did not appear... the ADS button/link whatever in options.

edit: just realized that it only works in English. my forum is non-english, that's why ADS option does not appears in navigation... how can i figure?

houston

For some reason when I chose Display ads on Thread it shows it twice one under the other. Is anybody else haveing this error?

Running smf1.1 RC2 with TP v0.8.6

jerm

Quote from: SALocalcom on February 05, 2006, 04:14:39 PM
I've saved my own theme as the default them, but I've only made color and button changes.
can ihave a link to your forum?
Quote from: eMachine on February 05, 2006, 07:31:19 PM
after installing the mod, it just did not appear... the ADS button/link whatever in options.

edit: just realized that it only works in English. my forum is non-english, that's why ADS option does not appears in navigation... how can i figure?

if you go into your Modifcations.yourlanguage.php
add these values
$txt['ad_management'] = 'Ads';
$txt['ad_management_index'] = 'Display ads on top index page (all pages)';
$txt['ad_management_bot_index'] = 'Display ads on bottom of index page (all pages)';
$txt['ad_management_board_index'] = 'Display ads on Board Index';
$txt['ad_management_thread_index'] = 'Display ads on Thread index';
$txt['ad_management_thread'] = 'Display ads on Thread';
$txt['ad_management_content_disc'] = 'Write your code here';
$txt['ad_management_firstad'] = 'Display ad after first post';
$txt['permissiongroup_ad_manage'] = 'Ad Management';
$txt['permissionname_ad_manageperm'] = 'Enable ads';
$txt['permissionhelp_ad_manageperm'] = 'To enable ads to appear for this membergroup, this must be checked';

and translate it to your language it should work

Quote from: houston on February 05, 2006, 09:05:12 PM
For some reason when I chose Display ads on Thread it shows it twice one under the other. Is anybody else haveing this error?

Running smf1.1 RC2 with TP v0.8.6
its not an error.. do you have both "display ads on index page" and "display ads on thread" checked off? if you do.. thats why you have it display twice. i might make it so that it wont happen in the next version

SALocalcom

The first url in my signiture....please.

Thanks!

jerm

Quote from: SALocalcom on February 05, 2006, 10:49:35 PM
The first url in my signiture....please.

Thanks!
sorry.. didn't even look at your signature
so you dont even see anything in the admin section?

SALocalcom

Yes, I see "ad mod" and 4 check boxes and a place to put the code.......added code and I don't get anything.

**************see page 6 of this thread............

houston

Quoteits not an error.. do you have both "display ads on index page" and "display ads on thread" checked off? if you do.. thats why you have it display twice. i might make it so that it wont happen in the next version

The only choice that I have selected is the Display ads on thread option.

SALocalcom

I check one, two boxes, tried all boxes checked.

jerm

Quote from: houston on February 05, 2006, 11:03:35 PM
Quoteits not an error.. do you have both "display ads on index page" and "display ads on thread" checked off? if you do.. thats why you have it display twice. i might make it so that it wont happen in the next version

The only choice that I have selected is the Display ads on thread option.
thats kinda odd, when you installed/uninstalled my mod, did you ever get any errors?
Quote from: SALocalcom on February 05, 2006, 11:06:11 PM
I check one, two boxes, tried all boxes checked.
you can pm me if you like, but can i see your index.template.php file?

SALocalcom

Sorry, I was replying to the wrong post.
OK, I give......

houston

Quotethats kinda odd, when you installed/uninstalled my mod, did you ever get any errors?

Installed Perfectly. I have not tried to unistall it.

Although I had to manually remove the google code that I inserted in the Display.template.php so that Google adsense would show up at the top of each thread.

jerm

Quote from: houston on February 05, 2006, 11:34:21 PM
Quotethats kinda odd, when you installed/uninstalled my mod, did you ever get any errors?

Installed Perfectly. I have not tried to unistall it.
seems pretty wierd.. can you verify something for me..
open up your display.template.php
and make sure this line only appears once

if ($modSettings['ad_management_thread'] && allowedTo('ad_manageperm'))
echo '<br /><div align="center">',$modSettings['ad_management_content'],'</div>';

Advertisement: