News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

It is not installed. Try to install again and check your file permissions.
If both not working you may need to do a manual install.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

glennk

Hi it says its installed. If I try to uninstall it throws all errors.

vbgamer45

All errors such as it fails to uninstall for every action? That can happen if it doesn't install.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

glennk

Yes thats what Im seeing. Errors for every action on uninstall. How to proceed ?? should I do manual edits ?

vbgamer45

Try fixing permissions first the a  reinstall if not then you would need to do a manual install.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

glennk

Sorry to be a pain. How is it possible to try install again ? when package manager says it is already installed and wont let me uninstall ? Will deleting the mod files and starting from fresh do it ?

NanoSector

If the Package Manager tells you a mod is installed it also gives you the option to Uninstall a mod. Do that. Then install the mod again :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

oliviertjuhh

Hey guys i just installed this mod on my website: www[dot]cgs-servers[dot]com
but when i add a ad to my website it doesnt display any mod in edit ads section.
Please help!

dipsy

I had installed ad managment mod and administrators are not able to see ads by setting.
After upgrade smf 1 on smf 2, admin do not have all ads.
New install mod ad managment is perfect configure but group 1 missing this permission.

What is problem?

vbgamer45

Check permissions
And check the settings for ad management I think there is a setting to hide ad's to admins

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dipsy

Yes, I checked.
The previous install smf 1 was setting to hide ad's to admins on message page, and now the new installation in these positions can not see ads?

OCJ

SMF 2.0.2
ad_mod_v3.0_SMF_v2-0.zip (3.0.1 in package manager)

In curve theme or my custom theme all the Ad text and titles in asian characters (Japanese, Chinese), do not display. Just '? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'

So  this is not utf-8 compliant?

I am already using asian characters on the site and the database was converted but this Ad mod destroys and Chinese and Japanese text used in Ad titles and html within Ads.

I saw some reference to language files on your site but not logged in seems like no access. If they are just admin language files it would still corrupt the Ads?
I dont want to use it in Chinese - just display Ads in asian languages correctly. Doesnt seem to be Japanese there either but I guess it could be done easily.

vbgamer45

You may have to change some of the SMF ads database tables to uft8 to support other character sets.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dipsy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 15, 2012, 11:45:43 AM
Check permissions
And check the settings for ad management I think there is a setting to hide ad's to admins
Not to

Quote from: dipsy on April 15, 2012, 12:11:32 PM
Yes, I checked.
The previous installing smf 1 was setting to hide ad's to admins on message page, and now the new installation in these positions can not see ads?
What is problem here?

OCJ

QuoteYou may have to change some of the SMF ads database tables to uft8 to support other character sets.

Will give it a try, thanks.

vbgamer45

Quote from: dipsy on April 16, 2012, 01:24:36 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 15, 2012, 11:45:43 AM
Check permissions
Not to

Quote from: dipsy on April 15, 2012, 12:11:32 PM
Yes, I checked.
The previous installing smf 1 was setting to hide ad's to admins on message page, and now the new installation in these positions can not see ads?
What is problem here?
Not sure only things that control is that setting and permissions would re  try setting both and set if it helps

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dipsy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 16, 2012, 04:03:13 PM
Not sure only things that control is that setting and permissions would re  try setting both and set if it helps
Did not help

Group 1 and group 2 had on smf 1 disable ads for individual forums. Now, on smf 2 this groups can not see the ads there.
Old settings admanagement is there somewhere in the database. How to fix this?   :(

vbgamer45

maybe try uninstall and reinstall?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dipsy

I tried but it did not help  :-\

dipsy

Advertisement: