News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry007

Ad Management:

Googleads display in first posting for only visitors, how?

vbgamer45

There is an ad location for first post. For sure.
You can either use php code to do it. Or work with permissions.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

larry007

There is only a ad location between each posting.

I mean, is there a ad location inside from a posting?

vbgamer45

I thought there was. If not I do have one in AdSeller Pro
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Linnea

Thank you for the suggestion vbgamer!
I tried to put some text instead of the ads and the problem is still there, the code loads like half of the time.
My forum is at hxxp:capellidifata.it/forum [nonactive]

No wonder why the earnings dropped!

vbgamer45

I see no google ads when I visited your site.
Make sure all membergroups have permissions to view ads under admin -> permissions

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Linnea

Yes, all the membergroups have the ads enabled.
If you try to load the page like 10 times, you will see the ads appear about 4-5 times out of 10.

Kindred

that actually sounds like there is a problem between your site and google... not a problem with the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Linnea

Kindred, that happens even if I just add text instead of the adsense code. The text appears every now and then and not every time the page is browsed.

Bruce the Shark

I had my ad management mod setup on another test site working perfectly. Without any issues ( Its a custom theme )
But now i've purchased a new domain name and installed all the very same mods and theme on my site,  however the ad management mod is showing installation fail errors, it appear i am now getting the following test error.
Any ideas

vbgamer45

Other mods might have edited the theme files before ad management was installed. You can still proceed but you would need to make all edits that were marked as failed manually.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bruce the Shark

Yes had i know this, i would have installed this first before adding other mods to the site.
To manually edit theses errors it might be out of my scope, unless i have some sort of assistance in what i need to change.

vbgamer45

You would need to upload the mod to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and get the theme edits then find similiar areas of code in your theme to make the changes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

page3

Hello,

I've installed this mod and can't get the ads to show. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, switched back to default theme, tried different settings, but all I accomplish is that an empty space appears where the ads should be. I've worked on this for a good 10 hours and am out of options, really.

margarett

What are you adding as an Ad? Can you give an example?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vbgamer45

Google ads may take some time to appear that is how they work.
Also check all your membergroups have permission to view the ads.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

page3

Thanks for the replies. I'm just adding a leaderboard ad at the top and the bottom. I'm aware that google ads will take a few days to appear, but apparently, when you highlight the page, you should see the ad placeholders, and I don't see them. I do see the ad code in the page source. I'd post a link here, but it won't let me.

margarett

And if you just post a fixed text, eg, "test123", does it show?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Nodaz

just installed ad management 3.2 on an 2.0.9 board to display adsense ( as a test)
Everything seems to have installed correctly, ive added the adsense code and made the appropriate changes in the settings( including unchecking the hide ads for admins)
Just curious when i will start to see the ads appear so i can modify where they are being shown.
It seems it can take a few days?

vbgamer45

Adsense does take a few days normally to appear on a site.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: