Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodaz

Quote from: Nodaz on February 21, 2015, 01:14:55 PM
odd bug , trying to determine where the issue is:( posted to the adsense help forum as well)
SMF 2.0.9

Recently approved and implemented ads on an SMF forum that i run.  Everything has worked well for just under 8 weeks.  Yesterday i noticed that the ads were not appearing on the forum( though the space where the ad should be is there...) in Firefox 35.0.1 ( normally i have them turned off for forum admins through the forum software but turn them on to analyze placement and position).  There is nothing set to block them ( i have ad blocker plus as well but it is turned off for that page.)
Everything was fine one day, nothing changed and the next day they were not showing.

I checked and they appear correctly in IE and Chrome.
Is this a Firefox issue or a forum software issue?

After starting Firefox in safe-mode( where in the ads appeared) As it turns out it was an add-on called Ghostery for privacy , more specifically settings within ghostery that were blocking google tracking and cookies.
I had dismissed an update to ghostery and it had defaulted itself back to some settings that caused the issue.

Cyber-Box

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 24, 2015, 11:10:47 AM
-Is there a way to set it up so it appears on the message index of a certain board only?
No
-Also, if two ads have the same position, is there a way to show them both up or will one override the other?
I think they override/rotate

hehe.  Just edited my prev post.  But thanks for the reply!   :)

Frank T

Hi!
I am all new in this forum programming, but hope you will help me anyway  :o

I have installed SMF 2.0.9 and also Ad management, but I can`t make a Advertisement work, I can only se the link text to the page I want to ad, but I can´t do anything on the link, nothing happens, and no picture or anything!!!

What is wrong?

vbgamer45

Not sure need more information.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

eldritch1969

Can this mod have conflicts with others ? I'd like to install it, but it gives me warnings.

vbgamer45

Yes it could. Makes template edits. You can always install this mod manually and make the changes to your theme.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

glennk

HiVBGAMER, Ive used this mod for years with no problems. Very recently a problem arose which meant Ive had to deactivate it for a while. Can you advise on how I can get it working again please. This is the error that shows on the forum - please see attachment

vbgamer45

You can either reset the hits column to zero or change the datatype to a bigger number such as bigint(20) instead

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

coromi52

Just trying to figure out how to load this mod so I can have adsense running. Any pointers? Thank you

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peterwaalker

I just installed the Reseller theme. Working great so far. I'm also using the Ad Management mod and I noticed that my ads in the header and footer are displaying but the in-between posts ads are no longer there. What shall do to edit.
When i tried to uninstall i found error. What shall i do?
see image below

vbgamer45

Upload the ad package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
And follow the theme edits and make them to your custom theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

safrist

i have instal,,

and database error :(

:::loadads and my prefix doesnt exis

lepard

I had an old version and it was showing all ads twice. I uninstalled it, got the updated one today and it still makes all ads show up twice, it actually duplicated each ad in the ad management area if you delete one it deletes both.. Odd at best..
Rick Lepard

Careful of the simple police

vbgamer45

Upload the package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
To find all the edits it makes then check your forum files that the edits only appear once.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

simplebeer

Can i also use this mod to add ads (banners) by myself?

At content the text is "This section is for placing your ad code. You get this code from the ad company itself"

Is there a example code to add ads by myself?
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

vbgamer45

Yes you can.
You would get ad code from your ad network you are using.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

simplebeer

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I mean, can i use it to make banners on the forum without a ad network or other company?

I have sponsors, they pay me and give me a banner in .gif or. jpg and i want to place them....
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

peterwaalker

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 30, 2015, 06:25:15 AM
Upload the package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
To find all the edits it makes then check your forum files that the edits only appear once.

I have parsed the mod. I followed the parse codes to the directories and nothing is missing there.
Or should I copy something in the index.template.php of the current theme.

Advertisement: