Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

right....
(why do you think that margarett's link does not apply? That link applies to ALL mods and versions)

first: it shows double ads because you have apparently installed the mod twice.
second: this might be related to the first point...  but probably, actually, means that you are using a custom theme instead of the default and that you never (manually) installed the mod into your custom theme files.

So, here's the deal...

since you have installed twice, even uninstalling won't actually remove the mod.
You are going to have to MANUALLY uninstall the mod (and that means, especially removing BOTH sets of the duplicated code) *OR* MANUALLY uninstall the duplicated portions.
Either way, margarett's link actually tells you what you need to do.
Parse the mod installation -- find the code edits -- then reverse those code edits.

If you choose to rmove the duplicate code and leave the mod itself, THEN you are going to have to do the manual installation into your custom theme.
Parse the mod installation -- find the code edits (in yoru custom theme's template files) -- do those edits to your custom theme.

Finally...  you really need to upgrade to 2.0.x. -- 1.1.x is at End of Life... there will be no further releases and support WILL be stopped when 2.1 is released.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

samborabora

Quote from: Kindred on August 16, 2015, 07:52:55 AM

KIndred, do you have any idea about adding a new location for the ad code to show up? I just can't find the hooks anywhere, and the header and footer hooks seem to just hard attach themselves just under the head and just above the footer, or something.

Portugal

Hi,

I need to configure some positions to dont display any banner, its possibile to set some locations to dont show nothing at all if the resolution is under some value (on mobile).
I know i can do this if the code is from some advirtiseres but my problem consists on my own advirteses, i cant (until now) to exclude thems to be displayed on small equipments.
To minimize that i used to display the banners "as a topic" but well thats not a good solution to me. Any help i apreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Portugal

vbgamer45

There is no resolution or mobile level setting at the moment.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

samborabora

I don't really know how else to figure out how to position an ad block in a specified positioning of my choice, since the maintainers don't know and nor does anybody else? I mean, I paid the $10, it would be kinda nice just to have a little advice on what's actually creating the code in the pages, I just haven't got a clue where it's lurking, and I've dug through everything I can find. Anyone??

Padre gremista

I have a problem. The advertiser only show for admins, for members it is not showed. How repair this?
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

vbgamer45

You have to enable ads for each membergroup under permissions.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Padre gremista

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 24, 2015, 02:34:19 PM
You have to enable ads for each membergroup under permissions.

But, I can't enable why not exists the button for this in permissions.

vbgamer45

Under Admin -> Permissions then modify each membergroup and give enable ads permission.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Padre gremista

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 24, 2015, 02:50:41 PM
Under Admin -> Permissions then modify each membergroup and give enable ads permission.

Not exists the button in permissions.

vbgamer45

Probably isn't installed correctly or a language file issue. There should be an area in there for permission to show ads.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Padre gremista

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 24, 2015, 02:56:03 PM
Probably isn't installed correctly or a language file issue. There should be an area in there for permission to show ads.

Yes, happens error in instalation, file "ManagePermissions.php". How repair this?

vbgamer45

You would need to upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and try to manual install that part.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Padre gremista

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 24, 2015, 03:38:12 PM
You would need to upload package to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and try to manual install that part.

It's works. Thank you.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sajidicma

Hi,
I am using Ad Management 3.2 mod for showing adsense ads on my website: userviews.net [nofollow] . Currently I am showing ads on every page on top and bottom. However, I want to remove ads from login and register pages only because it seems against the terms and conditions of google. Please help with any ideas.

vbgamer45

There is no built in way to do that. You would need to modify the code of the mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sajidicma

Hi,
I am using Ad Management 3.2 mod for showing adsense ads on my website: userviews.net [nofollow] . Currently I am showing ads on every page on top and bottom. However, I want to remove ads from login and register pages only because it seems against the terms and conditions of google. Please help with any ideas.
Modify message

vbgamer45

Check if action = login login2 or register or register2  then if so disable showing ads. You need to know php code to do this though.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sajidicma

Can you please guide which file to edit to resolve the problem??

Advertisement: